miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

It's possible to view posts in the thread in tree - like style?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 10 Jul 2006 15:00 
Exist some plugin to view specific thread? Example:

1. post A
2. post B
3. post Aa
4. post Aaa

So third and fourth post is answer for the first post. It's possible to view it just like this:

1. post A
3. post Aa
4. post Aaa
2. post B

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 10 Jul 2006 18:30 
Our forums have flat-type view by default, and it's impossible to have tree-type view.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 10 Jul 2006 18:51 
Ok, and when I will pay you? Can you build such a plugin?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 06:51 
I think, it won't be a plugin, but a completely rewritten system as a result, and it will be worth a lot of money :-) There are many similar tree-type style boards around (like Phorum, for example) - why are you unhappy with them?

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 07:41 
I love your forum and because we bought premoderation plugin :) and after that my boss told me that he'd like to view thread as a tree... Funny...

Now I have to try argue boss that your forum is the best even if there's no tree view (about I think it's stupid...)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 08:22 
Well, the main problem in implementing that: we don't have a tie between posts. When you reply, you do so for the whole topic. What if you reply to certain message, how can we handle that? Display reply form under each message? I don't know.

I personally dislike tree-type view, because for me it seems very difficult to understand.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 09:17 
I completly agree but tell this my boss... :) But I think I win... miniBB win...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 10:11 
Well, if your boss will have a complete plan, how to implement it in a current version, we will do that with pleasure for our standard fees.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 It's possible to view posts in the thread in tree - like style?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑