®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

help editing php index page

Author Barely_breaking_Even
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 21 May 2006 00:58 
can anyone help me with editing the index.php file (on minibb) so the format looks like this link http://gtonation.com/index.php

I want it so that it previews a few sentences of the topic with it's corresponding images.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 22 May 2006 09:44 
Files needed to be edited are templates/main_header.html and templates/main_footer.html. Editing core files like index.php you are completely losing easy upgrade possibility in the future.

We ourselves are providing only paid support on custom layouts and modifications. Check paid support section for rates.

Author shedrock
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 May 2006 22:45 
It can be done but I would not know how to get the left/right blocks.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#4 | Posted: 23 May 2006 02:05 
Hi Barely_breaking_Even,

I do not think it is necessary to touch your miniBB's index.php at all. Depending on your site's set up, I have 2 suggestions (pick one or the other, not both!)

** Suggestion A - if your site's home page is currently NOT your miniBB home page:

1) install miniBB's 1stpagenews addon script

2) configure the addon script

3) customize the addon script's templates, if necessary

4) call/include the script from your site's home page, not your miniBB home page. The latest forum topics will display on your site's home page.

** Suggestion B - if your site's home page IS currently your miniBB forum home page:

1) create a new index page (name it index.html or php or whatever - depending on your preference) - this page will become your site's new home page. Design the page so that it has a 3-column layout similar to the page you directed us to in your original post. Leave the centre column free for displaying latest posts.

2) rename your miniBB forum's home page (currently named index.php) to forum.php or anything (just make sure it differs from your site's home page that you created in step 1)

3) in miniBB's setup_options, update $indexphp (check miniBB Manual for instructions) to point to the renamed file (see step 2).

4) install 1stpagenews addon script. call the latest discussions on your home page.

5) configure the addon script

6) customize the addon script's templates, if necessary

7) call/include the script from your site's home page (the index file created in step 1, NOT the file renamed in step 2).

The latest forum topics will display on your site's home page.

As to getting images to appear in the summary for each recent topic, you will need to ask Team for advice.

All the best -
mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 23 May 2006 10:49 
Everybody should check including board in a table thread and turn on his imagination of how to that easily.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 help editing php index page
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑