®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

reading minibb variables in custom php header / footer

Author Avenir
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Jan 2005 07:24 
My problem is that when I try to call a variable like {$title} in my header, the variable's value isn't displayed, but instead just the variable itself. I have my header in the templates directory, if that makes any difference, but I don't know why the variable isn't working properly.

Also, when I copied the miniBB copyright statement into my own footer, the variables in that stopped working as well. I don't have the footer file in my templates directory, if that makes a difference.

What's going on?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 5 Jan 2005 10:07 
Probably, if you are using your own header and footer, you also need to handle/parse these variables properly. We are using ParseTpl() function for parsing the template, and makeUp() function for loading the content of the template.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 6 Jan 2005 12:00 
I want to share this for you guys, i also faced the same situation, this is that i have done

In your header.php, instead of

{$l_menu[0]}{$l_menu[7]}{$l_menu[3]}{$l_menu[2]}{$l_menu[1]}{$l_menu[4 ]}{$l_menu[5]}{$l_menu[6]}{$l_sepr}

You put

<span id="bbforummenu"></span>

In your footer.php, at the end, before class tag </body>, put this code

<script language="javascript1.2">
var str = '<?php echo $l_menu[0].$l_menu[7].$l_menu[3].$l_menu[2].$l_menu[1].$l_menu[4].$l_m enu[5].$l_menu[6].$l_sepr; ?>';
document.all.bbforummenu.innerHTML=str;
</script>

Explaination:

Those variables only load after the main forum page loaded, before footer.php is called. It's just a javascript, its job is to put back the text to the span id bbforummenu

Author Billy Stardust
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 19 Feb 2006 11:37 
you also need to handle/parse these variables properly.

Please elaborate. What's the best way to handle and parse variables?

Author Billy Stardust
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 19 Feb 2006 11:38 
Great piece of software by the way! :)

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 20 Feb 2006 10:13 
Please elaborate. What's the best way to handle and parse variables
we mean by that - if you have your own header and footer, our template variables like {$title} or many others, will not work there, until you handle your header/footer files with our functions like ParseTpl() or makeUp().

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 25 Apr 2006 20:23 
Hi there,

love your product and it's possibilites to integrate it in an exisiting site.

I've looked through the manual and searched the forum, but can't find a clear answer on the following question:

Is it possible (and what would be best practice) to call some of the minibb php variables (such as $title, $l_meta, $l_menu, ... in my custom (php) header ?

Thanks,

kurdy

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 26 Apr 2006 08:03 
Pay attention at $includeHeader setting in setup_options.php - you can use any PHP file as your header and produce whatever you want there.

Author Anonymous
#9 | Posted: 26 Apr 2006 11:11 
Yep, I found that, I'm using a custom header and footer with php code. My question is if I can access the minibb variables that are used in the default header (main_header.html), su as $metaRobots, ... in my custom php header.

Thanks,

kurdy

Author Anonymous
#10 | Posted: 26 Apr 2006 11:15 
Found it myself :-). Declaring $title, $metaRobots, ... as global in your custom header does the trick.

Kurdy

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 26 Apr 2006 11:54 
Ok, good. You may also use $GLOBALS array (instead of {$title} there could be $GLOBALS['title'] etc).

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 reading minibb variables in custom php header / footer
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑