miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Sites which remove miniBB copyright notice use the software ILLEGALLY and violate the License

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Tom
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 11 Sep 2005 20:46 
I have installed PHPList without any problem - no command line interface as well, I am just a random user with next to no server administration knowledge. Don't give up :)

Author Team
8-)
#17 | Posted: 11 Jan 2006 09:12 
http://www.hardstyle.net/forum/

Author VietTalk
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 30 Jan 2006 00:25 
Hey, long time no see :)

i just came across a website http://www.learn4good.com/board/ and i know they use the minibb, but i don't see the "powered by minibb".

breaking the GPL ?

Author Team
8-)
#19 | Posted: 30 Jan 2006 08:06 
Yes, this site breakes the GPL license terms. We have not issued any legal key for them.

Author VietTalk
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 30 Jan 2006 17:27 
http://www.hardstyle.net/forum/

http://www.hardstyle.net/forum/index.php?action=manual

hehe, wonder if ppl read it

Author Team
8-)
#21 | Posted: 30 Jan 2006 19:23 
That one of the reasons why for us personally, it never was a big problem :)

Author Rapt
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 23 Apr 2006 01:35 
Sergei

well on the other hand you can get always get a licence to remove the copyright

Wondering what that fee is, I don't see any info on it.

Often I develop for clients that don't want copyrights but their own.

I use an asp board that I can buy a lic for removal to accommodate those on windows servers.

I like miniBB and always have, I used it long time ago and have recently decided to start building a new community for my network, I tested several popular boards of today and came back to miniBB. The software is even better than I'd remembered.

But back to the question, in the event I have and most likely will have a client that wants a great board and I don't have to use asp then it would be nice to know the spec on this for the future. In fact I have a client right now that is in need of a board for medical professionals to communicate and they don't want it to be over blown... miniBb is the answer providing I can get it to run right on a .net server with minimal php support, email is the biggest problem here but I think I can get around that and write a SMTP hack since they don't support sendmail.

Thanks for your time.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#23 | Posted: 23 Apr 2006 01:57 
Rapt wrote: Wondering what that fee is [for removing copyright notice], I don't see any info on it.

USD $59.99
The info is a bit hidden - it is on the 'Paid support' page, under 'miniBB commercial use'.

Cheers,
mb

Author Rapt
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 23 Apr 2006 03:04 
Auh, thanks M8...sometimes I scan to fast and miss things like that.

Appreciate it ;)

Author Team
8-)
#25 | Posted: 25 Apr 2006 06:45 
I can get around that and write a SMTP hack since they don't support sendmail
miniBB already has support for PHPMailer class, which provides direct SMTP. Not included by default, but configurable and probably, nothing necessary to program on your own ;-)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Sites which remove miniBB copyright notice use the software ILLEGALLY and violate the License
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑