miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Changing the title from miniBB forums to my own choice

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 24 Apr 2004 00:47 
Is there any way to change the title minibb forums :: to something like mypage.com :: . I know that I can change it in header at $title, but then it doesn't change when the user tries to register or something else.

Author Pascal
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 24 Apr 2004 14:28 
You have to change the $sitename variable in setup_options.php

Author patalbertson
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 3 Apr 2006 18:10 
The ONLY thing I'm changing is the line:

$sitename='Community supported by miniBB forum software script';

is changed to:

$sitename='Old Peoples Riding Club Bulletin Board';

but I get a Database Connection Error. If I restore the original setup_options.php
file, I still get the Database Connection Error. I have to reinstall the entire MiniBBS to get it to work again.

What am I doing wrong?

Author _Marco
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 3 Apr 2006 18:22 
patalbertson
What am I doing wrong?

Dunno, but it's more than changing the title.
Maybe you don't use a clean editor like Notepad2. That could bring garbage in your files. See https://www.minibb.com/forums/2_2583_0.html#14

_Marco

Author patalbertson
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 3 Apr 2006 18:32 
I'm using Dreamweaver 8 code view to edit setup_options.php. I will download Notepad2 and try again. thanks. Pat

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 3 Apr 2006 18:49 
Database Connection Error obviously is not dependant on changing the title. That belongs to your mysql settings - $DBName, $DBHost, etc.

Author patalbertson
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 3 Apr 2006 18:55 
That's why I'm so confused.

I changed NOTHING but the one line in the setup_options.php file. And I repeated the problems 3 times, each time reinstalling miniBBS, it worked, then changed the one line, got the Database Connection Error even after copying the original setup_options.php file back into the subdirectory.

Author patalbertson
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 3 Apr 2006 19:11 
Changing the editor solved the problem. Another Dreamweaver Lesson Learned! Thank you SO MUCH for your help.

Pat

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Changing the title from miniBB forums to my own choice
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑