miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Re-building the actual forum?

Author buzfortuna
#1 | Posted: 17 Mar 2006 19:01 
I know how to (and I have) properly skinned the forum, but I don't know the structure of it well enough to change what I need to change.

I pretty much just want to change the "meat" of the page. The way the forums are displayed and the text and stuff. I want to properly indent all the code and validate it (quotes), but I can't find (like I said), where to change the actual "meat" of the forums (not the header and footer)...

What file do I go to to change this?

Is there a guide I can go that will show me what parts are in what files? Such as, where to go to change the quick message post, where to go to change the meat, where to go to change the login form at the top of the page, etc.

Also, which files have the queries to insert user info into the database?

That's about it...

Thanks!

Buzz

Author buzfortuna
#2 | Posted: 17 Mar 2006 19:04 
Let me clarify on why I want to find queries, if it helps-

I plan on integrating the user system in minibb into my own site, and I want to mimic their login information and queries on my site so you can login elsewhere on my site (so I can have the username/login option in the header, rather than in the forum).

Author _Marco
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 17 Mar 2006 19:34 
buzfortuna
Is there a guide I can go that will show me what parts are in what files?

To find out what templates are used on a page and where they begin and end, you could use the solution in this topic.

buzfortuna
which files have the queries to insert user info into the database?

The main script is in the php files. Create a backup before modifying :-)

Maybe this will help you.

_Marco

Author buzfortuna
#4 | Posted: 17 Mar 2006 20:57 
Perfect, thank you very much!

Author buzfortuna
#5 | Posted: 17 Mar 2006 21:34 
One last question-

That all worked very well but-

How would I implement the user log in and user panel into my header file (and not just move it elsewhere in the actual forum)?

I want to be able to put it into my header file so you can log in ANYWHERE on the site, even when you're not viewing the forum itself.

And with this, comes, how would I check if a user is logged in or not in my header file?

Thanks again-
Buzz

Author _Marco
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 17 Mar 2006 21:57 
Put {$user_logging} in main_header.html. That works for me.

_Marco

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 18 Mar 2006 17:15 
Read also article about synchronizing miniBB with the external users table.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Re-building the actual forum?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑