Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Moving forum to the new provider server or URL / backup questions

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Vishal
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 22 Jul 2005 09:57 
I just found an excellent mysql backup script. This one automates daily backups of your database.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/

Author Anonymous
#17 | Posted: 4 Mar 2006 17:42 
[moved]

can i move my database to other server and plss tell me how to do it?? thx :)

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#18 | Posted: 5 Mar 2006 07:14 
Yes, you can very easy.

1. Make a backup copy of the database from the old server with the database manager you have there.
2. Create a new empty database on the new server with the database manager you have there.
3. Import THE ENTIRE backup copy of the database from the old server in the new database with the same database manager.

Only take care about the usernames and passwords - to coincide with your previous settings, or set up the new ones, if they are changed.

That's all you need to do.

Success! :)

Author Anonymous
#19 | Posted: 5 Mar 2006 16:09 
1. Make a backup copy of the database from the old server with the database manager you have there.
is it same way with export??

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#20 | Posted: 5 Mar 2006 18:29 
Yes, export the current DB entirely, with all tables, and import it in the new empty DB entirely, with all tables, too.

One manager might use the word "backup", another one - "export", it's all the same. Read the instructions of the respective thing, I don't know what you have there.

Author Anonymous
#21 | Posted: 11 Mar 2006 17:05 
now i have a problem with the import..
what do i do w/ this SQL file.. how can i inject this file to another server.. my SQLmanager is PHPmyadmin.. thx anyway

Author Team
8-)
#22 | Posted: 11 Mar 2006 17:13 
phpMyAdmin should have "SQL" tab where you can execute queries. Go to that section, and click on BROWSE button, choosing your dump and sumbitting it for execution.

Author Anonymous
#23 | Posted: 14 Mar 2006 23:10 
or just for the easy way if you have Shell account then you can simply login via telnet and type

mysqldump -holdhost -uoldusername -poldpassword olddbname | mysql -hnewhost -unewusername -pnewpassword newdbname

Mysqldump dumps the old database. -h Specifies the hostname, -u the username, -p the password, and finally the Database name. If you are running this command from shell on your old host, you must grant remote access to your new database. Only use phpMyadmin to import and export if you have no other options.

Author Team
8-)
#24 | Posted: 15 Mar 2006 09:13 
I think, if the question is "how to move database to another server", it's just a good joke to recommend mysqldump :-D Until you go to mysqldump itself, it requires tons of knowledges about shell, Linux, SSH etc. We just suggested the simpliest solution ;-)

Author woland
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 15 Jul 2006 23:26 
Hi everybody,

I am looking for an advice -- I have a following problem: I run the minibb forum 2.0 on a third level domain (like "forum.hosting.cz") and in a few days I am going to register a normal domain like "forum.cz".

What steps I have to do to run the original forum on the new domain properly? Is it enough to change the appropriate line in setup_options.php or is it necessary to do more changes?

Thanks a lot,
w*

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#26 | Posted: 16 Jul 2006 18:23 
Yes, it's necessary to change only $main_url in setup_options.php, if there are no other differences.

Author woland
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 16 Jul 2006 20:07 
perfect, it is much more easier than I had thaught... Thank you...
w*

Author Mick
#28 | Posted: 25 Oct 2006 03:28 
Hello there, so I've backed up my data base through myphpAdmin so that's safe. Where does all the actual posts to my forum get saved, is it to the database?

If I want to back up the whole site is it as simple as downloading the whole minibb forum via FTP to a safe place and having backed up the database? Is there any other steps I need to keep all my posts safe?

Thnaks in advance.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#29 | Posted: 25 Oct 2006 03:54 
Yes, all posts and all forums information (except for some addons which use native files for storing the data) is saved in database.

Transferring the whole miniBB folder to the new server, and restoring the database are the key points. You will also need to change settings of setup_options.php - they could be new database name, login/password, forums URL probably. Nothing else required.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Moving forum to the new provider server or URL / backup questions
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑