Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

Integration with Joomla

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author minimoon
#1 | Posted: 30 Jan 2006 13:50 
hm...

hello... i want a bridge!!! i like minibb so much,but i can't integrate in joomla.
(with search...) do you have some new's... thanks

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 30 Jan 2006 19:20 
If you are the PHP programmer, this article could help you in integration almost in any standard users database:

https://www.minibb.com/synchronizing_minibb.html

In other ways we are providing only paid support regarding any kind of 3rd party and related jobs.

Author Joomlafan
#3 | Posted: 15 Apr 2006 08:42 
Normally Joomla! uses its own simple board called now Joomlaboard but it is buggy and not "perfect" as miniBB is. I'd like to use it in my future site with the next version of Joomla (v. 1.5) but I haven't well understood if it is possibile.. I know that years ago miniBB was the forum of Mambo (Joomla is born from Mambo) and that for unknown reasons now it isn't.

I hope that if I can and if I use the miniBB this forum will support even Joomla as I don't like to be "alone" ;)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 16 Apr 2006 10:04 
You may try to read miniBB synchronization guide.

Could you post Joomla's user's table structure here?

Author joomlafan
#5 | Posted: 19 Apr 2006 16:22 
Thank you for your reply and about the Joomla's user's table structure I can see you this link www bedre.no/images/stories/grafikk/joomla/joomla_15_database_schema.png for viewing (it is at the left-bottom of the schema) the table called jos_users.

So I wait for...

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 19 Apr 2006 16:49 
Table structure seems to be compatible.

Author joomlafan
#7 | Posted: 20 Apr 2006 10:27 
so I might use miniBB... using the miniBB synchronization guide. But where can I read FAQs about troubles in synchronization matters? And if I well understand the forum cannot have its "external" mods, is it right?

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 20 Apr 2006 10:43 
What do you mean by "external" mods? Article describes whatever you should now about authorization principles, and files you might need to edit. What else needed?

Author joomlafan
#9 | Posted: 21 Apr 2006 13:17 
In your demo forum I can read:

miniBB test version currently has the following plugins installed (they are NOT included in the main distribution), so try them out here:
File upload - read file upload rules for which types of files are allowed to upload here; pay attention: your files will be deleted after 1 hour, so don't try to make test forums as garbage box
Premoderation
Private Messaging
Smilies
Bad words (default version - see the bad words list inside the plugin archive)
Who's Online
Most active users of the month
Members List
Preview
Flood filter
Editing Profiles (disabled on test accounts)
Moving Replies
Quotes solution
Signatures solution
Custom Rankings solution
Required Anonymous nickname solution
User registration disclaimer solution
New topic form addon
1st page topic form addon
Preformatted text solution
Automatic script tabbing solution

so what plug-in is it possible to have using the miniBB synchronization method?

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 21 Apr 2006 19:10 
all miniBB plugins/addons/solutions should work as long as the board is functioning properly, synchronization shouldn't matter in this case.

Author totalhosting
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 9 Jul 2006 17:20 
Instead of the the synchronization feature, is there a way to change those variables before installing the script?

This way I can roll it out to all the joomla sites that I need it for, without having to go back and fix each one after the fact?

Basically roll a "joomlified" version?

As an aside, I like the idea of a time limit between posts, but I think that user edits should be exempt from that rule. Or have a lower limit. Having to wait 4 minutes between DIFFERENT posts is fine, but if you notice a typo in your post, fix it, save and then notice something else you want to edit, it's not very user-centric to make me wait to edit. At least that was my experience when using miniBB at Moo.fx support. Or, put a spell check in.

Thanks

Pete
http://www.TotalHosting.com

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 10 Jul 2006 07:06 
user edits should be exempt from that rule

This is done in the final release.

Instead of the the synchronization feature, is there a way to change those variables before installing the script?

Sorry, didn't get this one.

Author totalhosting
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 10 Jul 2006 13:40 
Well, I took a look here:

https://www.minibb.com/synchronizing_minibb.html and see that you can change certain vaariables to make them match the system you are integrating with.

If you know what your changed variables need to be, can you mod MiniBB to use them before you install the script, or is it always done afterwards.

I am not the one who would be doing this kind of work (I have a partner that does the "heavy lifting") but I was just asking before I spoke to him about trying out MiniBB.

I would rather have one "joomlafied" version of MiniBB that I can then easily deploy with any Joomla install I have or do in the future.

Or am I missing the point and that this work can be done BEFORE installing MiniBB?

Thanks

Pete

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 10 Jul 2006 18:28 
can you mod MiniBB to use them before you install the script, or is it always done afterwards

- yes, I think, you can mod them also in the whole Joomla package, so additional installation won't be needed. Custom modification of installation of both scripts will be needed though.

Author Adler
#15 | Posted: 22 Sep 2006 02:15 
I would rather have one "joomlafied" version of MiniBB that I can then easily deploy with any Joomla install I have or do in the future.

Where could I download it? Or is a misunderstanding of mine?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Integration with Joomla
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑