miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Latest discussions displayed ABOVE forums?

Author The Elder CLOWN
#1 | Posted: 22 Jan 2006 02:26 
Hi,

Been setting up my own MiniBB forum the past days. Found 99% of the tweaks I want to do (quite a few). I can not, however, figure out how do display the latest discussions table ABOVE the forum table. Its stuck down below as by default. Any ideas/suggestions?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 22 Jan 2006 17:37 
Just move all the content from templates/main_forums.html to the templates/main_last_discussions.html (at the end)

Author The Elder CLOWN
#3 | Posted: 22 Jan 2006 19:12 
Thnx! Working like a charm :D

ps. Perhaps you could add this "feature" to setup_options.php in the future? ie, 0=below main fourms, 1=above main forums?

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 23 Jan 2006 07:32 
Why to add this as a feature, if you already just can edit a template?

Author Jamieg285
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 21 Feb 2006 16:26 
Can you use this method to move the latest dicussions to it's own page, with a link to it on the main page?

How would you call a new page/template?

Author Jamieg285
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 21 Feb 2006 16:31 
I think I may have found it

https://www.minibb.com/forums/4_2703_0.html

I assume you have to add a link to the menu bar(or anywhere) with a the following link

http://URL/forum/index.php?action=advld

???

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 21 Feb 2006 18:21 
We think, you need to get 1st page news plugin from downloads and install it on any page you want.

Author Jamieg285
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 21 Feb 2006 20:39 
Whilst I see what you mean, it's not functional like the latest discussions section, i.e. with icons, poster and update details etc.

I want the latest discussions exactly as it is, but on a seperate page.

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 22 Feb 2006 08:24 
Well, solution you've mentioned really displays latest discussions on a separate page - but this page is within forums layout. If you want to display them somewhere on your own page, this is more difficult task.

Author Jamieg285
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 23 Feb 2006 09:29 
Then I think it will do what I want, I do still want it in the forum, just not on the 1st page.

I will give it a try.

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 24 Feb 2006 08:07 
Here is a simpliest PHP script example file which you may try to create separately (I've tested it with latest miniBB release, naming it ld.php and placing into a forums directory; all code is copied/pasted from the original miniBB files):

<?php
define ('INCLUDED776',1);

include ('./setup_options.php');

include ($pathToFiles.'setup_'.$DB.'.php');
include ($pathToFiles.'bb_cookie.php');
include ($pathToFiles.'bb_functions.php');

$langOrig=$lang;
$user_id=0;
$action='';

user_logged_in();
if($user_id!=0 and isset($langu) and $langu=str_replace(array('.','/',''),'',$langu) and file_exists($pathToFiles."lang/{$langu}.php")) $lang=$langu;
elseif($user_id==0 and isset($_GET['setlang']) and $setlang=str_replace(array('.','/',''),'',$_GET['setlang']) and file_exists($pathToFiles."lang/{$_GET['setlang']}.php")) {$lang=$setlang; $indexphp.='setlang='.$setlang.'&';}

include ($pathToFiles."lang/$lang.php");

include($pathToFiles.'bb_func_ldisc.php');

$listTopics=$list_topics;

echo ParseTpl(makeUp('main_last_discussions'));

?>

Author Jamieg285
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 24 Feb 2006 16:01 
Thanks Team, I will give that a try too.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Latest discussions displayed ABOVE forums?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑