Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Smilies not functioning

Author Monk
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 16:56 
Hi

I've been updating the software of my MiniBB forum over the past few days. I also made a few modifications to the smiles and definitions by making my own custom made icons. After making the appropriate changes I noticed that the forum was just showing the text equivalent in the post, instead of the actual smilies.

I tried everything; I did a fresh re-install of the plugin, checked if I had updated the javascript code to work with the form.js in the main post form. checked the setup_option file, and went over the addon_smiles2 file. Still, won't work. Even the java script pop-up window won't function. I looked at the Java console and so far there has been no reports of any javascript errors.

This question has probably been ask many times already, and I have checked out past topics about it and looked through manual for help.

Thanks in advance.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 20:17 
Your "broken" pictures are not available at server at all.

Check newest smdesc.php file and study the new smilies definition format. Probably that's what you need to change.

Author Monk
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 20:26 
Yes, the broken pictures are smilies I have replaced or taken out of the definition.

<?php

$smilies=array(
':)'=>'grin.gif',
':-)'=>'grin.gif',
':('=>'sad.gif',
':-('=>'sad.gif',
':o'=>'shame.gif',
':D'=>'lol.gif',
';-)'=>'wink.gif',
':p'=>'tongue.gif',
':lol:'=>'lol.gif',
':confused:'=>'confused.gif',
':grin:'=>'grin.gif',
':mad:'=>'mad.gif',
':sad:'=>'sad.gif',
':wink:'=>'wink.gif',
':cry:'=>'cry.gif',
':bite:'=>'bite.gif',
':cool:'=>'cool.gif',
':rofl:'=>'lol.gif',
':tongue:'=>'tongue.gif',
':love:'=>'love.gif',
':eek:'=>'eek.gif',
':swirlyeyes:'=>'swirlyeyes.gif',
':sweatdrop:'=>'sweatdrop.gif',
':down:'=>'down.gif',
':udon:'=>'udon.gif',
':ocult:'=>'ocult.gif',
':purin:'=>'purin.gif'
);

?>

This what my current definition list looks like, though I tried following this new format, it's still not changing the text equivalent to smilies. Maybe it's the bbcodes itself.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 23:16 
In bb_codes.php, is there a line

if(function_exists('smileThis')) $msg=smileThis(FALSE,TRUE,$msg);

at the end?

_Marco

Author Monk
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 6 Jan 2006 02:49 
Yes, I checked the code and it was there.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 6 Jan 2006 08:39 
If you have PHP errors/warnings turned off, it's hard to say what the reason is. Probably, this pop-up script displays the error and we could determine the reason by it, but it's not visible.

The closest reason is that you could have some mistake in $smilies array definition, so it can not be read. As you might see in pop-up's source, everything is displayed as set in addon_smilies2.php (look at the end of code), except that $smilies array is not read in a cycle. The same way it's not read in the replacing smilies by images.

Author Monk
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 6 Jan 2006 17:10 
Finally found out what went wrong; another stupid coding error on my part. Instead of the smilies folder, I had it as the smiles folder and in the addon_smilies2.php file I forgot the / in the include('./setup_options.php'); script. It's little mistakes like those that drive me bonkers.

Thanks for the help again _Marco and Team. :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Smilies not functioning
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑