Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author DJBase
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 20:33 
I will give it a try. Thanks so far.

Author Ty Hill
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 9 Jun 2006 15:41 
Got tired of install and upgrade problems with phpBB. Just installed miniBB. Cute interface!

I did need to convert my phpBB db to this one so I made a couple of little changes to the above sql script. I hope this works for you using a newer version of miniBB. Remember to BACKUP YOUR DB FIRST!

# phpBB 2.0 to miniBB 2.0 Converter
# Copyright (C) 2005 Monte Ohrt
#
# Purpose:
#
# The script will transfer categories, forums, users, and posts
# from phpBB 2.0 to miniBB 2.0.
#
# Prerequisites:
#
# - phpBB 2.0 and miniBB 2.0 dbs are installed on the same server
# - miniBB 2.0 is empty, fresh install
# - phpBB 2.0 tables are prefixed with "phpbb_"
# - miniBB 2.0 tables are prefixed with "minibb_"
#
# Directions:
#
# mysql minibb < phpbb2minibb.sql
#

# Clear out minibb tables

TRUNCATE TABLE minibb_forums;
TRUNCATE TABLE minibb_posts;
TRUNCATE TABLE minibb_topics;

# No categories in miniBB, skip.

#
# Copy forums.
#

INSERT INTO minibb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_icon, topics_count, posts_count)
SELECT forum_id, forum_name, forum_desc, forum_order, 'default.gif', forum_topics, forum_posts FROM sitedb.phpbb_forums;

#
# Copy users.
#

INSERT INTO minibb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password,
user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interest,
user_viewemail, user_sorttopics, user_newpwdkey, user_newpasswd, language, activity, num_posts)
SELECT user_id, username, FROM_UNIXTIME(user_regdate), user_password, user_email, user_icq,
user_website, user_occ, '', user_interests, user_viewemail, 1, '', '', user_lang, 1, user_posts
FROM sitedb.phpbb_users;

# No security access in minibb, skip.

#
# Copy topics.
#

INSERT INTO minibb_topics (topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster,
topic_poster_name, topic_time, topic_views, forum_id, topic_status,
topic_last_post_id, posts_count, sticky)
SELECT DISTINCT topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster,
'', FROM_UNIXTIME(topic_time), topic_views, forum_id, topic_status, topic_last_post_id,0,0
FROM sitedb.phpbb_topics;

# get poster name
update minibb_topics, minibb_users set minibb_topics.topic_poster_name =
minibb_users.username where minibb_topics.topic_poster =
minibb_users.user_id;

# calculate post count for each topic

create table tmp_post_count (topic_id int, post_count int);
insert into tmp_post_count select p.topic_id, count(p.post_id) from sitedb.phpbb_posts p group by p.topic_id;

update minibb_topics, tmp_post_count set minibb_topics.posts_count =
tmp_post_count.post_count where minibb_topics.topic_id =
tmp_post_count.topic_id;

drop table tmp_post_count;

# Copy posts.

INSERT INTO minibb_posts (post_id, forum_id, topic_id, poster_id, poster_name,
post_text, post_time, poster_ip, post_status)
SELECT DISTINCT p.post_id, p.forum_id, p.topic_id, p.poster_id, '',
'', FROM_UNIXTIME(p.post_time), poster_ip, 0
FROM sitedb.phpbb_posts p;

# get poster name
update minibb_posts, minibb_users set minibb_posts.poster_name =
minibb_users.username where minibb_posts.poster_id =
minibb_users.user_id;

# Copy post text.

update minibb_posts, sitedb.phpbb_posts_text set minibb_posts.post_text =
sitedb.phpbb_posts_text.post_text where minibb_posts.post_id =
sitedb.phpbb_posts_text.post_id;

I only added one or two fields based on a comparison between the existing minibb and phpbb tables. I just did a "desc phpbb_sometable" and add the fields that I could find a corresponding field.

It ran fine though I did hit a duplicate record of "-1" user_id that I had to delete manually before it would complete. Otherwise, went great.

Author Anonymous
#33 | Posted: 16 Oct 2006 03:57 
hello guys :) i found 2 mysql scripts on this forum but i think they are very old.. now miniBB tables aren't like they were on those scripts.

there is a NEW way to convert the phpBB database to miniBB?

thank you so much

Author Team
8-)
#34 | Posted: 16 Oct 2006 05:02 
Because these 2 different software (phpBB and miniBB) changes a lot each time, I think, it is only possible to follow the logics provided in the solution above. If you are unable to handle it yourself, we can do a conversion script for you for a fee. Sorry, no free time shared for this topic.

Author phaldor
#35 | Posted: 6 Dec 2006 08:08 
I have a question....why are you truncating the tables before the insert? Could the script be used on a forum that already has existing data that you want to merge another forum into? The reason I ask is that I am trying to find a way to combine two different BB databases into one. I have a miniBB forum setup with existing data and need to import a geeklog database into it. Since have been unable to find anything on the net about this, but did find this, and it looks like I can modify this script to work, I thought I ought to ask this question.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#36 | Posted: 6 Dec 2006 12:58 
What do you mean by import a geeklog database into it? Do you have 2 different databases, and want just to merge them? So different tables are kept in the same database?

Author Guest
~
#37 | Posted: 17 Feb 2009 21:37 
It's better have function to convert phpbb to minibb.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#38 | Posted: 18 Feb 2009 02:56 
Guest:
It's better have function to convert phpbb to minibb.
First of all, that's impossible. PHPBB change their database structure and whatever too many times to support it for free. Basically it means we will share our time to support phpBB migration tool which is asked once in 2 years here - what for?

We have our paid service opened, so you are welcome to pay a very moderate fee for couple hours of our work. If you can't pay or don't want to pay, that means forums you are going to convert, are shit, and you don't expect a lot of profits from them anyway. Then which way should WE take care of them?

Finally, it's the most stupid approach to post on our forums something like this... better it would be if... Actually we decide here what's better.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Conversion: phpbb -> minibb
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑