®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Topic title's minimal length

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 21 Dec 2005 18:42 
hi
how can i disable min. topic title length option? i want to allow any length except empty titles..
thanks.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 21 Dec 2005 21:52 
Set

$post_text_minlength=1;

in setup_options.php

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 17:39 
I was looking for the same thing (title lengths longer than 100 characters) and tried this suggestion. No luck for me.

Am I doing something wrong? I modified the options file, uploaded to server, cleared cache and cookies, closed browser, opened and tried again. Nothing.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 19:59 
Topic title length is defined in another option:

$topic_max_length

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 6 Jan 2006 00:07 
Thanks. Forgot to tell you I set this to 200 originally. Still no dice. I just found out our development company downloaded version 1.7x. I'm going to update to version 2.0 tomorrow and start over again. We'll see what happens...

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 6 Jan 2006 08:03 
This setting worked fine also in miniBB 1.x. Everything also depends on your encoding settings. If you have language pack different than English, specially if it's UTF-8, don't forget than Unicode symbols are presented with double bytes.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 11 Jan 2006 17:42 
I upgraded to the latest version and the title lengths are perfect now. Thanks for the advice.

Author Ji31
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 26 Jan 2006 13:39 
If I want to make the new topic with name "F1 pack", it writes that topic's name can't be empty. But if I want to make "F1 pack download", it's ok. So the first was probably only too short. Where I can setup the min. length of topic's name?

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 26 Jan 2006 15:00 
setup_options.php -
$post_text_minlength

https://www.minibb.com/forums/manual.html#config2

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Topic title's minimal length
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑