miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Running basic installation of miniBB 2 with PHP version below 4.1.0

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 11 Nov 2005 12:22 
As far as you might know, $_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE, also as $_SESSION were introduced only in PHP 4.1.0. This is a minimum requirement for running miniBB 2. But anyway, if you have version below (I've implemented this in 4.0.6), there are 2 simple steps for doing that:

1) Edit setup_options.php and paste at the very top of it (before $DB='mysql'; ) the following code:

/* PHP 4.0.6 specific */

if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS) and is_array($HTTP_GET_VARS) and sizeof($HTTP_GET_VARS)>0) foreach($HTTP_GET_VARS as $key=>$val) $GLOBALS['_GET'][$key]=$HTTP_GET_VARS[$key];

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS) and is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS) and sizeof($HTTP_POST_VARS)>0) foreach($HTTP_POST_VARS as $key=>$val) $GLOBALS['_POST'][$key]=$HTTP_POST_VARS[$key];

if(isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS) and is_array($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS) and sizeof($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS)>0) foreach($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS as $key=>$val) $GLOBALS['_COOKIE'][$key]=$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$key];

/* PHP 4.0.6 specific */

2) Edit bb_cookie.php and in getMyCookie() function, declare $_COOKIE variable as global:

function getMyCookie(){
global $_COOKIE;

It seems, that's all...

Author _Marco
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 29 Nov 2005 21:56 
Hi Paul,

As soon as I read this topic, I knew it would be the solution for my problem :-)
My official site runs on PHP 4.0.6. When I started testing the first time, I noticed the problem. The problem did not show on my test server (PHP 5.0.4). I decided that I would have to ask my hoster to move the website to another server, because of this issue (and some others). My website is running a few years now and the server is getting kinda old.

Today I tried it out.

Could you please complete part 2 of this solution? Now it ends with ......... and I would not know how to complete the function getMyCookie(){ section or what lines to remove.

Thanks in advance.

_Marco

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 29 Nov 2005 22:24 
_Marco
You just need to paste global $_COOKIE; right after the line function getMyCookie(){ that's all.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 29 Nov 2005 22:35 
It get's a kinda funny result.

1.) The forum does net remember my username/password
2.) The whoisonline plugin remembers every user I try. Now I'm online 3 times :-)

http://www.ohrj.net/young-ae.nl/index.php?

_Marco

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 30 Nov 2005 11:27 
Unfortunatelly, I can not say exactly what the problem is, because I haven't such old version of PHP installed, and now it's not available for me anymore. If you could provide some temporary server details, probably I could check the reason more deeper. And be sure you have the latest miniBB version installed.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 30 Nov 2005 18:49 
Okido, I will send you some details by email. Thanks.

_Marco

Author _Marco
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 2 Dec 2005 17:31 
Good news and bad news.

Good news: I got it working on PHP 4.0.6 !
Today I have setup an account for Paul, with a clean miniBB 2.0 RC4c. After adding the code for 4.0.6 it worked!
After that I copied both adjusted files to my testforum on the same server. That worked too!

Bad news: I don't know what I did wrong before. The code is a 100% the same. The only difference are other settings in setup_options.php.

I will now adjust my new setup_options step by step, and report the result here.

Oh Boy I'm glad :-)

_Marco

Author _Marco
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 2 Dec 2005 18:32 
hmpf, checked everything twice but it all seems ok now.
Maybe I just made a real stupid mistake :(

Sorry to bother you. If you like you can still get that testaccount on my server :)

_Marco

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 4 Dec 2005 17:07 
That's ok if it's working :) You know I am busy person, so let's use your account next time, if needed. Cheers.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Running basic installation of miniBB 2 with PHP version below 4.1.0
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑