miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Horizontal scrollbar

Author J.
#1 | Posted: 12 Nov 2005 15:43 
I think it is a bug in the CSS but I am not sure, perhaps I have made something wrong.
When I put the forum into a frameset like this

<frameset rows="175,*" border="0" frameborder="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="01.html" name="navi" NORESIZE>
<frame src="../forum/" name="cont">
</frameset>

there is a horizontal scrollbar in the frame with the forum if there is a vertical scrollbar. In minibb 1.7 this problem didn't occurred.
This thing happens only in IE, not in Firefox. So I think something in the CSS is interpreted in a different way.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 13 Nov 2005 14:16 
Open bb_default_style.css and look for width: 770px; (2x).
Replace it with width: 95%; and your miniBB looks like 1.7 again.

_Marco

Author J.
#3 | Posted: 13 Nov 2005 14:58 
You did not understand my problem.
But I already found the solution. It's not a bug in miniBB, it's in IE6.
You can search the web for the "horizontal scrollbar in frames"-problem. There are many sites about it, and different kinds of solutions.
This problem didn't appeared in 1.7 because 1.7 used a doctype, which caused quirks-Mode in IE and the scrollbar exists only in standards-mode.
I solved the problem by adding html { overflow-x:hidden; } to the CSS. Now the CSS isn't valid anymore. There are also other solutions, but none is perfect.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 13 Nov 2005 15:13 
Okidoki, I didn't know that there was more to is. I just know this difference in bb_default_style.css in 1.7 and 2.0.
Have you tried 1.7 with width: 770px; ?

_Marco

Author J.
#5 | Posted: 13 Nov 2005 15:24 
What do you mean by just this difference? The CSS of 1.7 and 2.0 are completely different.
And as it turned out the problem I had has nothing to do with the CSS.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 13 Nov 2005 18:40 
Yes, it's a browser-bug.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Horizontal scrollbar
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑