Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

Solution added: New Topic Form on the Main Forums page

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 2 Nov 2005 16:22 
This is a solution for displaying the New Topic Form with forums drop down menu on the Main Forums page underneath the last discussions area, so that users will be able to start new topics in any forum right form the 1st page after viewing last discussions. From the custom work collection of Sergei. Enjoy ;)

Author Moony
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 2 Nov 2005 20:19 
Did you check how it works with file upload plugin?

I dont'get any file upload form: http://www.indostan.ru/butan/

Haven't changed anything in the plugin script.

Author Moony
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Nov 2005 20:38 
I think something should be specified in $uploadForums etc. in the plugin settings.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 2 Nov 2005 20:55 
You can't get any file upload form there, until you specify a forum (since this is strictly specified in file upload options...). But specifying a forum is already 2-step procedure. Either you go to forums and enter new topic there with file upload form, either you choose the forum on the first page from dropdown and reload the page again... So, you enter new topic w/o file upload from the first page. I think, this is not the solution exactly for you... only for those who is not using file addon.

Author Moony
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 2 Nov 2005 21:05 
ok!

Author Moony
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 2 Nov 2005 21:08 
But still, if it is not too much difficult, how to specify the main page as a forum and set the number of file upload forms?

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 2 Nov 2005 21:50 
We will think about it... probably, our another solution from the same series - "new topic form" - has the same bugs. We'll work on making them really automatic.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 6 Nov 2005 21:31 
Ola,

Tested and I got 2 questions:

1. In the readme there is a line /-- 1st page topic form solution */ that ends the section to copy into bb_functions.php. Shouldn't it end with /* 1st page topic form solution */ ?

2. Why is the postarea in this new main_topic_form.html? Isn't it posible to include main_post_form.html? Now I have to make adjustments in both files.

_Marco

Author _Marco
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 6 Nov 2005 21:58 
Some more remarks:

3. When you are logging in, and use TAB to get from the name- to passwordfield, you jump up and down on the first page.

4. In the list of forums also "Forum supertitles (categories)" are shown and can be selected. The topic will end-up in the first forum below the supertitle.

5. It's possible to select a read-only forum from the list of forums.

_Marco

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 7 Nov 2005 10:06 
True, releasing this was too early. We will fix all of that and release more convenient solution in the future. Thanks for remarks.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 7 Nov 2005 19:02 
Okidoki, I'll wait for the next release.

_Marco

Author Team
8-)
#12 | Posted: 8 Nov 2005 16:07 
_Marco
we'll probably released the updated version as a plugin (not solution) soon. You can preview the updated released already here:

http://minibb.org/minibb-test.php

Author _Marco
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 8 Nov 2005 19:14 
Isn't it posible to fix issue 4. "Forum supertitles (categories)" ?
The feature "Move Topic" doesn't show supertitles, so there must be a way :-)

_Marco

Author Team
8-)
#14 | Posted: 15 Nov 2005 16:50 
_Marco
should be fixed now:

http://minibb.org/minibb-test.php

the final addon will be posted when the new miniBB version will be released.

Author _Marco
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 15 Nov 2005 19:13 
Nice solution, the supertitles can't be selected anymore.
At the testsite, there is no postform on the main_topics page. Does this have anything to do with this addon?

_Marco

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 Solution added: New Topic Form on the Main Forums page
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑