miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Changed admin username, but it still shows up in posts as the old login?..

Author Frustrated
#1 | Posted: 14 Oct 2005 21:08 
I have this great minibb running like a dream but I have freak issue and I'll go crazy with it:

Once everything was setup, I was the admin lets say with name called "mrsAdmin".

Now members list shows mrsAdmin as a admin, but it doesnt show my new username at all, cause i changed it as a "AdminW". With this AdminW I am using forum, and I have all the priviledges as admin, and it shows my AdminW as i am logged in. But that userlist doesnt show her. Just that old the first admin mrsAdmin.

And in setup_option, I changed adminuser to this new name too. No help.

Where can I find files that i need to change? That who is admin and/or to change admins username?

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#2 | Posted: 14 Oct 2005 21:29 
Have a look at the last line in the admin panel and push it :)

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 15 Oct 2005 13:06 
Yes, restore your admin data in database; but if you need to to change this username in all previous posts, it is impossible by default. You can change it only directly in mySQL database... something like

update minibb_posts set poster_name='AdminW' where poster_id='1';

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Changed admin username, but it still shows up in posts as the old login?..
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑