®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Email notification not recd. even tho' $emailadmin=1;$emailusers=1;

Author sanand
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 11 Oct 2005 19:39 
I receive emails as admin when a new user signs up and for posts and replies admin makes.
but if i login as a user, i dont recive email notifications at the id i have registered under.
I tried logging as 3 separate users and neither new posts nor new topics nor replies are notified by email to any of the 3 ids .

The ids receive the auto-generated passwords tho from the admin email address so i know they have been registered properly.

Please can you help ?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 12 Oct 2005 10:29 
$emailusers=1; - this is what you need to have in setup_options.php

You should receive only replies which are made by another people, not you self.

Author sanand
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 13 Oct 2005 16:26 
$emailusers=1; i thouight this means that if say, member2 will make a post then he will also get a copy of that post by email at member2's email id. Did I understand wrong ?

Author sanand
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 13 Oct 2005 16:35 
See now I recd. copy of above message i posted...but in my miniBB, only admin is gettig messages which admin posted , other members are not getting.

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 13 Oct 2005 18:08 
sanand
Yes, you understand wrong - sender must NOR receive notification about the post he's made. What the sense? He already KNOWS he was made this post.

As about admin - this option is tested for years. For admin, it is
$emailadmposts=1;

so this option send notification to admin about every post was done, except when admin makes the post himself.

Another words - author of post should not receive any notification!

Author sanand
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 14 Oct 2005 03:19 
ok thank you but how come i get a message when i write anything on this support forum ? I got this message which is an email of what i had posted:

Thanks !
Hello,

You're receiving this letter, because you are subscribed
to the topic "Email notification not recd. even tho' $emailadmin=1;$emailusers=1;" in our forum "Support",
and sanand has posted it or replied in it.

Message begins:
--

See now I recd. copy of above message i posted...but in my miniBB, only admin is gettig messages which admin posted , other members are not getting....

--

Click the link below, or copy/paste it as your browser's URL address,
to read the whole topic and/or replies:

[link]

Peace,
miniBB engine

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 14 Oct 2005 14:52 
I've already explained everything you might have.

We have on our forums:

$emailadmin=1; //we receive notifications about every new registrant
$emailusers=1; //we enable users to subscribe
$emailadmposts=0; //we don't have emails to admin
$genEmailDisable=0; //we have mailing routine enabled

Author Anonymous
#8 | Posted: 25 Jul 2006 20:29 
thanks for theses informations.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Email notification not recd. even tho' $emailadmin=1;$emailusers=1;
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑