miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Signature question and Username link instead of member link

Author RaptOr
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 23:45 
Is it posible for Signatures to show <b>under</b> posts?
Like this:

Post text
-----
Signature

I tryed to put {$userInfo_user_custom2[$poster_id]} under {$posterText} but the signature appears under the header.

And how can i make the link to member profiles appears as the username?

Like this

RaptOr <- this should be the link to the users profile
Member <- not this

Thanks!

Author _Marco
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 00:15 
To put the signature under PosterTest, that's not too hard.

Open main_posts_cell.html

Replace at the end:

{$posterText}<br>
-----<br>
{$userInfo_user_custom2[$poster_id]}<br>
</td>
</tr>

Voila, your ----- line and your Signature. Be sure to read the README and follow all steps. Otherwise it won't work.

_Marco

Author RaptOr
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 00:20 
It works, thanks!

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 09:42 
_Marco
What about if there is no signature available? :)

Also edit bb_func_vthread.php (look up for $viewReg and edit it so the username is displayed under the link).

Author _Marco
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 10:12 
lol, I used the word "c r a c k" that seems to be not allowed. Now I gotta rewrite my reply.

No signature will result in the ----- line, your solution will not show it.

I will take a look at bb_func_vthread.php later. My html is ok, but with php I'm still a beginner.

_Marco

Author RaptOr
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 12:43 
works! :D

u didn't told me this:

RaptOr <- this should be the link to the users profile
Member <- not this

Thanks!

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 22:56 
u didn't told me this - I told you - edit bb_func_vthread.php (look up for $viewReg and edit it so the username is displayed under the link).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 12 Oct 2005 11:31 
Well, this is the exact change (bb_func_vthread.php):

$viewReg="<a href=\"https://www.minibb.com/forums/{$indexphp}action=userinfo&amp;user={$cc}\"{$nof} >{$posterName}</a> <br />{$ins}";

then then in templates/main_posts_cell.html just leave {$viewReg} variable (eliminate $posterName, on your taste).

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Signature question and Username link instead of member link
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑