®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Quote in Opera

Author Serg
#1 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 14:50 
Hello!
Quote function does not work in Opera. Is it normally?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 14:50 
It is normal, since nobody from us doesn't know what the hell the Opera does with JavaScript methods.

Author Serg
#3 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 14:52 
:)
Thanks!

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#4 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 15:58 
Quote 1:

It is normal, since nobody from us doesn't know what the hell the Opera does with JavaScript methods.

Quote 2:

:)
Thanks!

Why do you say that "Quote" doesn't work in Opera? I just now did the above quotations exactly with Opera.

Author Serg
#5 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 17:08 
Ivan, now I'm in Opera. Select some text, press "quote" and see - "Please, select some text first!". Selected text doesn't appear in form.

Author Serg
#6 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 17:11 
PS Without last "Solution for replacement standard cursive quotes in miniBB to more decorative quotes."

Author Serg
#7 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 17:17 
above concerns my forum :))) sorry

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#8 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 18:26 
Serg, I'm always with Opera :)

It obviously really concerns your forum :)))

I quote with this option from Opera 7... through 7.5x... 8.0x... to 8.50 now without problem at me (Apache server) and here (Windows server). The software is the same. Opera is the same.

When I forget to select text, yes, I receive the message :) but when I select something - it's quoted. I even can quote with one hidden option in the script - with the font BB Codes buttons. Select text > Push button... and it's in the post, framed in the selected style. See in bold:

above concerns my forum :))) sorry

Why don't you try to replace the templates with new ones? May be some of them is damaged...

Author Serg
#9 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 18:44 
"above concerns my forum :))) sorry" - I mean only my PS message.
In this forum quote function doesn't work too.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#10 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 20:08 
I all the time explain that it works normally and I use it exactly with Opera. But well, we'll tell that it doesn't work :)

Author Serg
#11 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 20:55 
Sorry :))) It was old version - Opera 7.23 without Java-support ;)
Now I test Opera 8.50 and see that quote function works :) But there is other problem with "BB codes"-buttons...

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#12 | Posted: 5 Oct 2005 21:12 
Yes, Microsoft has not Java anymore, but somethig theirs instead. Java is to Sun and is installed separately. It's distributed freely.

http://java.sun.com

The new Opera has only some very basic Java support.

So, you have not Java but insist that the script doesn't work...

Author Guest?
#13 | Posted: 11 Oct 2005 03:22 
Java isn't Javascript, NEVER get them mixed up!!

Author Serg
#14 | Posted: 12 Oct 2005 23:48 
I know, I mean JavaScript :)

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Quote in Opera
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑