Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How do I avoid GOOGLE finding my board?

Author ragots
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 14 Sep 2005 15:40 
Hello,

we don't want all publicity from GOOGLE.

I'd like to know IN WHICH FILES and WHAT to add to avoid all robots finding us.

Thanks.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 14 Sep 2005 17:27 
This is so inconsistent!!! Because being #1 in Google is the main goal of miniBB forum software :))))

The only way to hide from Google is to make all of your forums PRIVATE. So users have to enter special password to view them. In any way, if your forums are public, and if they are already in Google cash... sorry, man. You will stay #1 until somebody will kick you to the 2nd place :)))

Author JmZ
#3 | Posted: 15 Sep 2005 03:43 
Actually, I'd say: open your main_header.html file and add the following line between the <head></head> tags:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">

A second option is to simply upload/update your robots.txt file and disallow the entire directory where the forum is located.

Good luck!

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 15 Sep 2005 10:33 
JmZ
That's also a good solution... thanks :)

Author ragots
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 17 Sep 2005 19:13 
Thank you very much.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How do I avoid GOOGLE finding my board?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑