®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

New Contact Form

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 8 Sep 2005 15:13 
Everybody is welcome to test our Contact Form, which will be released as a paid addon for miniBB ($10) soon. We are really tired of spam we have received each day through the usual form we had previously. Hope that turing number thing and double PIN protection will protect us and everybody who will need the same form for the forums, from spammers.

https://www.minibb.com/forums/index.php?action=tpl&tplName=contact_us_f orm

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 8 Sep 2005 19:07 
Hi Team
check the link or better the result of. lot warnings shown.
in general its a really good idea to have something like this. Could you give a little bit more details how it works (e.g. it sends mail or you find it in a closed forum etc.)

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 8 Sep 2005 23:29 
What kind of warnings are you talking about? Could you send a screenshot... on Paul's email. We don't see any warnings here. Neither on default screen, neither on result. Could you exactly say what you are doing?

Because we've got already 3 or 4 contacts from this form successfully. We think it's working...

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 9 Sep 2005 11:55 
screenshot is underway to Paul.
I've only used the above shown link in your first post.

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 9 Sep 2005 12:26 
works perfect now, thanks.
there is only one point: the pin works great but sometimes hard to read, few letters a thinner than the masking grid. (its not a showstopper but I know a lot half-blinds :)

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 9 Sep 2005 12:29 
how long is the blocking period for one who has requested more than three times a new pin (like me)? tried to logout and in again but still blocked.

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 9 Sep 2005 12:31 
forget the last post, I was blind again (might be I should start some reading lessons to learn to read whole text ;-)

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 9 Sep 2005 12:34 
You may request PIN for 5 times, also as reload the form with one PIN 5 times max. After that, it should be blocked until you re-open the browser.

The form just sends email, you may define email in options, also as edit email template.

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 New Contact Form
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑