miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Including MiniBB Forums's login into existing web page index.php!

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 20 Apr 2005 16:19 
Hello! How can I include MiniBB Forum's login table to apear and work in my existing web page's index.php? Can I simply copy and paste code or I must do something else! MiniBB is the best I've ever seen! It's great working! :)

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 20 Apr 2005 16:34 
Just open your forums, in browser do View - Source, copy form contents between <form...> and </form> - I guess, this is the only thing you need...

Author GStyle
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 20 Apr 2005 17:20 
But I want include this table with logout etc., when user is logged in want to appear somewhere in my index.php this table, when user isn't logged nothing will shown! :)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 20 Apr 2005 17:31 
bb_cookie.php is the file which stores login determination. I think, you just need to include it (including setup_mysql.php also) and call user_logged_in() function like it is made in index.php

Author MX1
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 26 Jun 2005 23:15 
bb_cookie.php is the file which stores login determination. I think, you just need to include it (including setup_mysql.php also) and call user_logged_in() function like it is made in index.php

Ok, so this is somewhat related to the thread I just made.

I want to do this also, at the top of mine.

I tried making a new file to test how this would work, I removed the defines, so I could include the files but still nothing.

I think this is a big feature that someone here should write a document on.

I've been up since 9 PM yesterday till now trying to make this lol.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 27 Jun 2005 14:09 
MX1
no need to remove defines. add the following line prior to running includes instead:

define ('INCLUDED776',1);

there's no documentation for this feature because depending on your web page structure it may require custom programming. Perhaps, in future we'll release it as a separate plugin though.

Basically you need to include the login form in your web-page body, inlcude setup_mysql.php, bb_functions.php and bb_cookie.php and if user is logging in, like
if (isset($_POST['mode']) and $_POST['mode']=='login') require($pathToFiles.'bb_func_login.php');

i would suggest to modify bb_func_login.php to meet your site needs.. like it should make correct(in terms of your site design and structure) outputs if error message needs to be displayed for example..

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 28 Jun 2005 21:12 
I'll thank you for that code you gave me, because it's the first time I haven't gotten an error. But here is my code: I modified bb_func_login.php for no other variables

<form action="http://hax3r.com//forum.php?" method=post class=formStyle>
<span class=txtNr><b>&raquo;</b></span><input type=text size=10 maxlength=40 name="user_usr" value="{$user_usr}" class=textForm tabindex=3>
<span class=txtNr><b>&raquo;</b></span><input type=password size=10 maxlength=32 name="user_pwd" class=textForm tabindex=4>
<input type=hidden name=mode value=login>
<input type=hidden name=queryStr value="{$queryStr}">
<input type=hidden name=pagetype value=index><input type=submit value="Sign in" class=inputButton></form>
<?php

include ("setup_options.php");
include ("setup_mysql.php");
include ("bb_functions.php");
include ("bb_cookie.php");

if (isset($_POST['mode']) and $_POST['mode']=='login') require("bb_func_login.php");

?>

Author Sergei
Team member
#8 | Posted: 29 Jun 2005 22:41 
and it works? :)

Author Anonymous
#9 | Posted: 30 Jun 2005 00:22 
No it doesn't work, haha :-\ ... see if I include those files, and put the form, why does it work in the forum, and not my index? Do I have to edit bb_func_cookie ? I'm confused.

Author Anonymous
#10 | Posted: 3 Sep 2005 06:12 
Is any new report about this topic??
I need integrate my own login and logout system with minibb,
so is there any special code or manual available????

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 4 Sep 2005 17:08 
Check the Wordpress solution, it gives any details on incorporating miniBB, further you need just to use your fanstasy.

Author mkatich
#12 | Posted: 4 Apr 2006 23:12 
I don't use cookies for login on my site, I use beans :) Since minibb does use cookies, is it still possible to integrate the two in the way shown in the Wordpress example? I could still use the same table but maybe not have auto-login between the two. I guess I don't mind that but I would need to enable logging in either in my part or minibb, but no changing user info in minibb!

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 5 Apr 2006 08:09 
What do you mean by "beans"?

Article provided describes all principles and files you need to edit. If users database structure is compatible with miniBB algorithms, editing a couple of files, it is possible to integrate on any authorization base - cookies, sessions...

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Including MiniBB Forums's login into existing web page index.php!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑