miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB version 2.0 RC4b released (possible vu1neerability fix)

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 30 Aug 2005 18:37 
Mr. Sam Tomas recently discovered, that if you have magic_quotes_gpc set to OFF in php.ini, there is a very possible vu1neerability with high seecurity risk. In most cases, magic_quotes_gpc is set to ON, and it is set to ON by default in PHP installation, but anyway, it is higly recommended to upgrade to the new version for everybody.

This disclosure was only reported to us and never published by him, so we are VERY thankful to him for that. RC4b fixes bb_cookie.php file, which could be affected. We are also providing new BB codes JavaScript interface in this release, which allow to use JavaScript buttons more native way. Read more in !UPDATE.txt.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#2 | Posted: 30 Aug 2005 21:14 
Than why, if you excuse my ignorance:

RC4a UPDATE_DB.sql 03..05.2005 => 1,676 bytes

RC4b UPDATE_DB.sql 30.08.2005 => 1,952 bytes

I saw it while I searched for the updated readme.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 30 Aug 2005 21:46 
You don't require to update anything - we just added IGNORE statement so users who will update database, should not have errors on duplicated columns, which may happen often for previous releases.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#4 | Posted: 30 Aug 2005 22:24 
Thanks!

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB version 2.0 RC4b released (possible vu1neerability fix)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑