miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Count only 1 view per topic per session...

Author faxxy
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 25 Aug 2005 10:24 
I did a search and didn't see this.

It would be nice to limit the number of views of a topic to 1 per user per session.

For example, I can look at a topic and click Refresh repeatedly and miniBB counts each refresh as a view. Ideally, it should only count 1 view per topic per login.

This can be tracked either by user login or, I think, IP address.

Thoughts?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 25 Aug 2005 11:08 
Then just sit and click before the death, if you don't know how to spare the time :))

Seriously - what about if I browse through 100 topics per day? What if there are 2,000 users on the board per day? Where are you offering to store all these crap 200,000 session values per day?

This is too trifle option for enhancing it, sorry. On our opinion, views of topic means nothing. We have even an option for disabling this feature. When first release of 2.0 was made, we had not this option at all.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Count only 1 view per topic per session...
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑