Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 2 Jul 2005 22:57 
What do you mean by "subcategory"?

We already have supertitles.

Author ypsie
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 3 Jul 2005 15:44 
That you can click on one forum and subforums are available.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 3 Jul 2005 21:40 
I think, this is out of our concepts and won't be available, at least, not in the near future.

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 5 Aug 2005 01:35 
I would love to be able to place forums inside one another, in a tiered fashon.

i.e.

main (and its threads) and at the top of it -> next forum, inside it it has its threads and the next forum.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 5 Aug 2005 10:20 
It is impossible to do with our software. It is miniBB, and the goals are different.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#7 | Posted: 5 Aug 2005 13:07 
The so called tree structure or what? There are a lot of scripts for this thing.

Or you can buy one big Matrjoshka. They are all inside each other :)

Author eduardete
#8 | Posted: 13 Dec 2005 13:47 
Hello I am interested in the possibility of adding subforums; it will be this possible one in 2.0 version ? .

I think that this is a excellent feature for this board.

Best regards from Spain.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#9 | Posted: 13 Dec 2005 14:15 
You can't but you have the feature called "supertitle" that can form groups of forums on your prefered sibjects.

Author eduardete
#10 | Posted: 13 Dec 2005 14:48 
well, that is not exactly what I need, however I need to know, if in the next versions will be implemented this option?

Thanks.

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 13 Dec 2005 14:54 
Theoretically, forum supertitles looks exactly like groups, and we have no plans in changing them or adding unnecessary groups.

Maybe you can explain, what's the difference between what we have now and what do you need?

Author eduardete
#12 | Posted: 13 Dec 2005 17:08 
exactly i want this:

category 1
|_______forum 1.1
|_______forum 1.2
|_____subforum 1.2.1

category 2
|_______forum 2.1
|_______forum 2.2
| |______subforum 2.2.1
| |______subforum 2.2.2
|
|_______forum 2.3
|______subforum 2.3.1

Is this possible with supertitles ?

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 13 Dec 2005 20:51 
So, you are trying to reach actually the subforums, not groups. There is a BIG difference! We are still have no plans implementing subforums, because miniBB was actually not created for the large amount of forums... but we'll definitely think about it for the next versions. Unfortunatelly, exact dates are still not planned - we have a large TODO list we are trying to implement before new year.

Author eduardete
#14 | Posted: 14 Dec 2005 01:01 
I never spoke about groups :)

to hear that you will add that feature in next versions does me happy, this is a very powerful feature, that will turn to minibb a great option for big communities that need a light forum.

Thanks !!

Author Team
8-)
#15 | Posted: 14 Dec 2005 09:54 
big communities that need a light forum - well, big communities were never our goal, however, we will think how about to make this easy...

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Subcategories / Subforums
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑