®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

LDAP support?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 27 Jul 2005 12:50 
Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to authenticate through LDAP instead of the miniBB database.

Greetz - Francis

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 27 Jul 2005 22:59 
miniBB authentication module is separated in bb_cookie.php, difficult to say about LDAP because never gave us such question before. So if you are familiar with LDAP/PHP, maybe just try to look at this file.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 8 Aug 2005 21:47 
I'm attempting to do something similar. Glancing over bb_cookie.php I see on lines 30 and 40 a db_simpleSelect function is used, presumably to authenticate against the mySQL database. If I replace that function on those two lines with my custom authentication routine, is that the only place I need to worry about in order to replace the security mechanism?

Then, I'll need to add the cookie to my site's initial login so that the login credentials are consistent. To do that, what function from miniBB system do I need to run? My guess would be setMyCookie(), still from the bb_cookie.php file?

Just trying to find out if I am on the right path here. My first attempt was not successful, but that could very well be a problem in my other code.

Thanks! Very good looking forum. I'm enjoying playing around with it.
-
Justin

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 8 Aug 2005 22:04 
I think, bb_login.php is also the file you need to look at - it sets the cookie comparing user input with database.

About cookie function - that's right. That's the only place where you need to set the cookie IN GENERAL. Other scripts using this bb_cookie's PHP function results.

Author Fanfan
#5 | Posted: 4 Jan 2006 10:31 
Is there any news about LDAP auth ? that is something i would like to use : to have automatically a user generated when he logs with his LDAP credentials.
Searching i found a project abandonned sourceforge.net/projects/ldapauthmod
that's was for phpBB but perhaps source could help developpers ?

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 4 Jan 2006 15:21 
Well, nothing new about LDAP from miniBB developers. It's too expensive tehnology for our modest support.

Author Fanfan
#7 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 14:29 
Thanks for your answer,

can you estimate how many developer/day would be necessary to do such thing, i can try to see with my company if it is not too expansive ?
but your last answer let me think that is something more complicated than it seems...

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 14:49 
I don't think it's difficult to develop, if you know something about LDAP principles, already have LDAP system on the fly, and know precisely, what do you want to do. Estimate will take about 80% of time answering these questions, only 20% is actual developing. One good developer is enough.

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 LDAP support?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑