®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

Signatures solution added

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 14 Jul 2005 17:23 
With miniBB 2.0 series and Signature solution, based on "user info in posts" conception of miniBB 2, you can allow your members to attach signatures to the every message they post. When user changes signature, it is automatically changed in all posts. You can allow or disallow BB codes in signatures, also program any formatting function for the signature straight in the PHP code provided.

Author epicsff
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 17 Jul 2005 19:10 
I installed it and it works, but for some reason, when I go to a profile, a number 7 appears in the textbox for the signature. I looked around and can't find a number 7 anywhere in any of the templates?

Shane

Author luis
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 18 Jul 2005 01:50 
i integrated miniBB with and existing user data from a free personals site. at the beginning i diseabled userupdateprofile and newuserregistration options... so all users data should be edited on the personals site.

then, i installed the avatar addon, so i had to active the usereditprofile, but.. i didnt want users to change any of their data trought miniBB so i deleted almost all fields from user_data_form.html, there just appear user's name (at readonly-mode) and the option for the avatar stuff.. works pretty fine.

now i have installed the signature solution, and when you want to edit youre signature it says email doesnt match with the existing one.. i guess signatures doesnt work independent of all the other (deleted) form fields as Avatar add on does. so i added the mail field again.. and the same error appears.. i dont know what to do.. any ideas?

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 18 Jul 2005 10:22 
epicsff
Probably, you have messed some field numbers in $dbUserSheme. Check this again, please - number 7 could be taken from another table field.

luis
Yes, email is the field that must be filled in, if you enable profile. Signatures are not the reason here. But - I have tried to leave Login, Email and Signatures fields in a profile form, and it works fine with my 2.0 RC3a release.

Author luis
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 18 Jul 2005 22:40 
i fixed it, it was something in setup_options.php... the email field (i added it again) were showing the user's ip, not it's email... i changed it and signature worked fine.

but, now i have other problem, avatars arent showed in the forums, but they are showed at the users preferences, i checked for bb_function_vthreard.php and all its in its place, i dont now what to do, i didnt touch any of the avatars add on codes.. i wonder if theres a kind of incompatibility?

and other thing, when a user selects an avatar form the existing gallery, nothing happens... i just get a white screen. if i get back (using the browser buttons) to the preferences, i can see the "new" avatar.. but, i think i should display something when u select it, right?

well, i have been really trying to make the avatar work, with no success..

Author luis
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 18 Jul 2005 22:52 
i have just uninstalled the signature solution and avatars are showed fine in the threads, now i'll check step by step when avatars disappear and tell you.

Author luis
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 18 Jul 2005 23:07 
i noticed all was in setup_options.php, i read the readme.txt from the signature solution and focus in:

==================================

Edit setup_options.php and in "$userInfoInPosts" array, specify signatures field:

$userInfoInPosts=array($dbUserSheme['user_custom2'][1]);

(if you are using additional user info in post, just ADD new array element, do not paste this code exactly).

==================================

and finally get i had to do write:

$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1',$dbUserSheme['user_custom2'][1]) ;

and i wrote:

$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1');

haha.. what a newbie mistake... =(

well, all works pretty beautiful, but dont forget the other stuff:

when a user selects an avatar form the existing gallery, nothing happens... i just get a white screen. if i get back (using the browser buttons) to the preferences, i can see the "new" avatar.. but, i think i should display something when u select it, right?

any ideas?

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#8 | Posted: 19 Jul 2005 00:03 
Why don't you try not this:

$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1');

but simply this:

$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1','user_custom2');

Author luis
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 19 Jul 2005 04:00 
yeah, i earned a byte from setup_options.php =)

what about..

when a user selects an avatar form the existing gallery, nothing happens... i just get a white screen. if i get back (using the browser buttons) to the preferences, i can see the "new" avatar.. but, i think i should display something when u select it, right?

?

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 19 Jul 2005 10:40 
header("Location: https://www.minibb.com/forums/{$indexphp}action=prefs#avatar");

this relocation is happening when you choose avatar. If you see a blank page, probably, relocation could not be done. Check addon_avatar.php and be sure there are no spaces or newlines before <?php or after ?> tag.

Author luis
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 19 Jul 2005 19:07 
oh, yeah..

dont know when, but i translated "Location" to other languaje.. that's why it didnt reconize it.

thanks. =)

Author Marius
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 2 Oct 2005 01:44 
Is there a way for an upload function with this, like you have with the avatar addon?

Regards,
Marius

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#13 | Posted: 2 Oct 2005 12:32 
Marius,

Yes, a paid plugin:

https://www.minibb.com/fileupload.html

Author Guest
~
#14 | Posted: 31 Jan 2012 00:08 
How to add more than 255 characters in signature? I edited the script in user data form but it won't add more than that!
Is there any way to add more?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#15 | Posted: 31 Jan 2012 12:03 
Don't forget to update mySQL table to have 'text' type field instead of 'varchar(255)'.
README describes it well.

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 Signatures solution added
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑