miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

First Page News

Page  Page 2 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 30 Mar 2005 23:54 
you mean including in the same base page? like:
inlcude('1stpagenews_1.php');
include('1stpagenews_2.php');

but should not have any effects, because the templates are based on seperate tables. so you can put as many 1stpagenews as you want on the same page.
Or I'm wrong, but than I don't understand your problem. because the script is working sequencially and read the posts for inlcuded forum id.
could you post a snippet of your pages to see whats wrong.

Author Team
8-)
#17 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 10:46 
Ed Lewis
It's probably because you don't see any error, but functions inside are DUPLICATED. First of all you need to use not INCLUDE, but REQUIRE_ONCE.

Author Ed
#18 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 12:44 
Team, Fritzek, thanks for your messages

I've made the require_once change to my main page

So now I basically have

require_once('1stpagenews_1.php');
require_once('1stpagenews_2.php');

The first one works, the second one produces nothing (no html of any kind)

I tried the javascript route also, but this doesn't produce any output.

I know what I'm attempting is more than was intended for this first page news script, but it would be fantastic if I adapt it to fit this role.

Author Team
8-)
#19 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 12:50 
Ed
No - you need to replace include by require_once in '1stpagenews_2.php'.

Author Ed
#20 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 15:10 
It works!! Thank you!

Sorry about my confusion on that last point

Ed

Author Buzzard
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 14 Jul 2005 19:09 
I have installed 1stpagehack.
How can I achieve this:

Instead of latest Topic, show the latest Reaction?

Thnx,
Buzz

Author Team
8-)
#22 | Posted: 14 Jul 2005 19:46 
Set

$sort='topic_last_post_id DESC';

$maxTxtLength=500; //or whatever number of symbols you want to display

Use {$post_text} in templates/hack_1stpagenews_cell2.html for displaying the text

Author Buzzard
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 15 Jul 2005 10:49 
Thanks Team,

I still work with the first version of 1stpagenews. That that line doesn't seem to appear in the file. Is it possible you can help me with this version?

(I have tried to install 1stpagenews_hack2 but I get this error:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getclforums() in /home/www/board/hack_1stpagenews2.php on line 41")

Thanks,
Buzz

Author Team
8-)
#24 | Posted: 15 Jul 2005 11:02 
In first version, you need to change mysql request itself:

mysql_query("select topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster_name, topic_time, topic_views, forum_id from $Tt where $where order by topic_time DESC limit $limit");

to something like (I've not tested it):

mysql_query("select $Tt.topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster_name, topic_time, topic_views, forum_id from $Tt where $where order by topic_last_post_id DESC limit $limit");

Author Buzzard
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 15 Jul 2005 11:11 
Thanks Team, for the quick response!

It works, now I see the last topic on which is replied. But: I don't see the reply itself. Is this also possible?

Thanks,
Buzz

Author Team
8-)
#26 | Posted: 15 Jul 2005 11:33 
{$post_text} variable in templates\hack_1stpagenews_cell.html containts reply text.

Author Julian
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 16 Aug 2005 07:56 
Hey everyone... I'm new here. First of all, thanks for great, easy to use software! MiniBB itself worked like a charm.

I'm having some trouble with the 1st page hack plug-in. The first time I installed it, it worked perfectly. The second time, however, I keep on getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare makelim() (previously declared in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2writerscirclesetup_mysql.php:8) in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2writerscirclesetup_mysql.php on line 15

Now this usually means I must have included setup_mysql twice, so I tried commenting out "include setup_mysql" in hack_1stpagenews2.php. That didn't work (all the functions needed can't be called on any more), so I should have only included it once...

I'm not quite sure what's going on here, any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Author Julian
Partaker
#28 | Posted: 16 Aug 2005 08:03 
Problem fixed

Hey all, I've fixed the problem by commenting out the lines

//include ($pathToFiles.'setup_'.$DB.'.php');
//include ($pathToFiles.'bb_functions.php');

in index.php. Since they were included in hack_1stpagenews2.php, there's no need to include them again.

Author Julian
Partaker
#29 | Posted: 16 Aug 2005 08:09 
Problem not fixed

Okay that was no fix. Now none of the old forums show...

Author Team
8-)
#30 | Posted: 16 Aug 2005 09:57 
No, you can't comment these lines in index.php - else your forums will not work, of course. Anyway, there is an option $excludeIncludes=FALSE; which you could set in the addon; if it doesn't help, just try to figure out, where your makeLim() function is already included. Also be sure you have set all paths correctly.

Page  Page 2 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 First Page News
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑