®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Static RSS Feeds

Author Vishal
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 1 Jul 2005 16:31 
I think it would nice to create a static rss page like rss.xml (updated only when new posts are made) instead of a php script, as it would reduce server load to a great extent.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#2 | Posted: 1 Jul 2005 16:46 
You can create such page yourself with the RSS plugin - in "Downloads". It's exactly for this purpose :)

The authors of miniBB did the same on the front page - top right.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Jul 2005 08:20 
I know and I have implemented it on my site. However that's a php script right? I mean it has to query the database everytime the file is requested. What I would like to see is a static rss page, like a html page. The rss page would be updated ONLY when the database gets updated, hence no need to query again and again.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 2 Jul 2005 23:01 
It should be updated when database is updated. But also it needs to be updated when some topic is deleted, or edited, or moved to the section. And if we have many forums in RSS feed? And what about users who have PHP in safe mode, which resctricts to create files?..

And what about, if we store HTML cache for each forums page? It is much faster. But is it simplier to implement?

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Static RSS Feeds
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑