®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 2.0 RC3a is released

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 23 Jun 2005 18:48 
In this release, we are introducing new option for deleting messages by users themselves; using external function for encoding passwords (so encoding format may be changed easily); optimizing email notifications on desired language for multilanguage forums; building dynamic pages' Description tag. Also, we have made some cosmetic changes on English language pack and CSS file, but they affect only English pack, in general.

Download and/or update new release today! We really hope that there are not many things left in our tasks list... If there will be no critical bugs or claims, we will finish working on miniBB 2.0 series soon. After that, we will not work on the main core anymore, and will work only on custom plugins, addons and free/paid support.

Together with new sub-release, there is a lot of interesting stuff coming out:

File upload plugin. Compatible only with RC3a. Non-core-destructive addon which allows to do almost everything you can do with attached files.

Checking IPs by ID addon - may help you in determining 'trolls'.

Finally! Solution on how to synchronize and integrate miniBB into another PHP software. Get the short solution on how to do it with Wordpress, or check the huge article, on how to do it with any PHP software in general, on Wordpress example. Attention: newbies are not welcome here! :-)

With all new stuff, the sub-release RC3a is still in testing study. Report us any bugs, errors, solutions and fixes immediately, if you find them.

Author Tom
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 27 Jun 2005 11:49 
Today I was going to look at how many pages of my recently installed minibb forum Google indexed. It turns out, all forum topics are indexed, with a slight problem only: on the "site:" command, google will only list the homepage, saying the rest of the pages are similar to this one. I click further and see why: all the meta descriptions are of course similar for every page.

So I go to the minibb.com to search for a solution, and to my surprise, what do I find, a new release that solves that! Thank you so much.

MiniBB comfort is far from the two-clicks installation that for example Fantastico provides with SMF board, but the extra effort (especially for a non-programmer) is well worth it.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 27 Jun 2005 13:53 

Author link92
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 27 Jun 2005 20:27 
What's left undone on the TODO list?

Author ypsie
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 30 Jun 2005 14:38 
Well done - thanks!

A private message service addon(!) is necessary I think.
Who agrees with me? My users definitely want that.

bye, julian

Author epicsff
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 1 Jul 2005 07:25 
We need basic footer support pleases! :(

Author cakeman
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 1 Jul 2005 09:24 
Yeah ! I have just upgraded my forum Yesterday and it seems to work well. Well done Team, thank you !

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#8 | Posted: 1 Jul 2005 09:30 
What is "footer support", excuse me?

Author epicsff
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 2 Jul 2005 09:16 
Um. Signature support i mean.

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 2 Jul 2005 23:19 
Signatures are on the way. Actually, you already can make them using "user info in posts" feature. Private messages... well, if anybody wants to sponsor this, we will program that. We have no free to work on what is not specified in miniBB concepts.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#11 | Posted: 6 Jul 2005 13:02 
I will pay for the private messaging system. After that you'll sell it.

We'll test it detailfully and will make it sophisticated as the upload plugin is. Do you like the idea?

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#12 | Posted: 6 Jul 2005 23:57 
Hm... my proposal somehow does not meet any enthusiasm... :)

However, I do not have in mind any condition excepting to become a client to such plugin :) I even see how it will look (if there's not some better view to it).

Author Moony
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 17 Jul 2005 09:26 
I am also ready to pay for the instant message plugin.

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 2.0 RC3a is released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑