®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

Intergration with a Main Website

Author blaster_jr
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 17 Jun 2005 00:31 
i couldn't find any topics on it, so i figured i would ask for myself, i tried with PHPBB but couldn't get it to work, and im just looking for another software for the forums so that i can intergrate them without any problems, is it possible to use the database & session information in the main pages? if so can i get some scripts that allow it, even if it means for every page, i would do it, thanks in advanced.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 17 Jun 2005 17:26 
1. Intergation into layout: https://www.minibb.com/forums/index.php?action=manual#includeindex

2. Intergation with another user's database is possible, too. https://www.minibb.com/forums/index.php?action=manual#config2

(check $dbUserSheme option)

Complete manual will follow soon, after we release RC3a version.

Author blaster_jr
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 17 Jun 2005 20:36 
lol, i think you misunderstood what i ment, i was just looking for the code to put on my website that allowed me to use the MiniBB forum database for my user login stuff on my main website, so that they would only register once, and they could do both, i saw a topic that allowed it, but the script was in a diff launguage well some of it altleast, well, i hope that you get the intergrating into a website manual done :D,

Author realitybytes
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 18 Jun 2005 03:54 
Like this www.reviews4poker.com ?

The scrpts I created are not completely ready to be released, however all I did was to create a couple of functions that check for the cookie if present validate against the database create a session upon success, if the session is present database authentication is not performed but the cookie detection is. If the cookie is not present then the session is destroyed if present and logout occurs, if cookie and session are present login is sucessful, logout is to set cookie values to zero. Login is through the form which checks the database and creates the cookie if sucessful. This allows for complete site login and logout functionality.

Then just used if statements to include templates login or logout and set variables to on for login and off for logout include different templates peform different functions depending on the values of those variables etc etc....

I also modified the registration form of minibb so that it collects the referring page as I have registration present on each page then once the registration is complete you can click the link and be taken directly back to the previous browsing page. That was just a hidden field added to registration form for http_refferer page then once registration is commplete it checks for the value and that is used to create the link.

There will be a way of doing it using the existing minibb functions however I found it quicker to create my own scripts rather than trolling through the code and troubleshooting any errors.

hope that helps.

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 18 Jun 2005 23:40 
blaster_jr
If you think that we have universal functions for every personal site - you are wrong. First of all, every PHP programmer, and every PHP script he creates, is unique by itself. Every programmer has his own style of programming. Nobody is able to program universal funstions here. I haven't misunderstand you - otherwise. miniBB has everything prepared for combination with another's database and script; but if you have no knowledge about what authorization is, what users' table is - it is wrong idea, to get into these things for yourself. Better hire another programmer which will do these things much quicker.

Author Ryan
#6 | Posted: 22 Jun 2005 01:01 
I am also looking to do this. :(

Ryan~

Author blaster_jr
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 22 Jun 2005 21:39 
I gave up on Mini BB i am still researching on how to intergrate it, and i am currently using IPB so yea, but i am researching for a various amount of boards how to intergrate the main website, then when i finish, ill put the files for download, and stuff, all that will be reqired will be a slight amount of information for the database and stuff, well i hope that we can get all of it figured out, once i get all my research done, it will simplfy everything in my opinion, and i hope that i can find people who have my same goal, that way i can team together with them, i am currently learning PHP right now, so i might be able to get it to connect correclty within the next month or so.

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 23 Jun 2005 17:45 
Check the upcoming solution for the RC3a:

https://www.minibb.com/synchronizing_minibb.html

It contains everything you need to know on the subject.

Author Anonymous
#9 | Posted: 9 Jul 2005 18:17 
blaster_jr, why dont u just use a frame?

Author wilkinsmd
#10 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 03:43 
The scrpts I created are not completely ready to be released, however all I did was to create a couple of functions that check for the cookie if present validate against the database create a session upon success, if the session is present database authentication is not performed but the cookie detection is. If the cookie is not present then the session is destroyed if present and logout occurs, if cookie and session are present login is sucessful, logout is to set cookie values to zero. Login is through the form which checks the database and creates the cookie if sucessful. This allows for complete site login and logout functionality.
realitybytes

Not that it's a year later (and I'm hoping you'll see this reply), do you have anything you are ready to share, even privately? I checked out your site and I am trying to do the same thing...use miniBB's user database for login to my overall site, have a login box on every page, redirect back to the appropriate page after logging in, etc.

Thanks for any help!
Mark

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 07:10 
wilkinsmd
Instead of waiting for years, get our paid support and get it within a couple of days ;-)

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Intergration with a Main Website
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑