®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

User ranking / Respect level ("Karma")

Author Milan
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 27 May 2005 22:56 
I would really like to see user_ranking plugin, now when information about user_posts are kept in base, no doubt that is a lot easier to make this possible.

Cheers

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 28 May 2005 18:48 
We are planning to make user rankings, but it will be not really soon, because we are busy now with another, more important, stuff.

Author Moony
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 10:44 
About user ranking. I suggest to make it in a following way:

User respect: [number] [-][+]

When somebody registers, he has 0 respect. Then others can click on + or - to add to or take away his respect number.

The should be a rule:

1) only registered users can rank other registered users,
2) users cannot rank themselves
3) users cannot rank same user more than once in a given period of time (say, 12 hours)

Team, what do you think about this system?

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:50 
We are not gonna to implement this in near future. It's some kind of phpBB overloading shit, and not related to the personal board. However, after we make everything we want relating to miniBB, maybe sometimes we'll think about it.

Respect of the user is not the rating system - it's amount of his posts, topics, and his general acitivity.

Author Moony
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:55 
Team
Respect of the user is not the rating system - it's amount of his posts, topics, and his general acitivity.

I already have this. The activity is shown under user's name in their posts.

Author Moony
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:57 
Besides, this shit could make users more responsible for their posts. I saw this on another minimalistic forum: FastBB Well, it is just a suggestion, take it easy.

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 13:28 
We are just very sceptic about that system. There is no responsibility control at all, but a lot of subjectives instead: taking some user negatively, somebody could give him negative points, despite his posts are very well done. Is is completely out of our concepts, sorry.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#8 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 15:50 
In addition:

1. The most mediocre people are the most acclaimed ones ever.
2. Who likes you is a very gossiping way to put you a public price. We had it once already.
3. Other BB has something, so miniBB, too, must have it, is not an argument.

MMO (my modest opinion)

Author Moony
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 16:24 
OK guys. You win :-)

Author astass
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 31 Jan 2024 15:38 
I need a message rating module.
Roughly this works like this:

Users create themes, others can set this theme + or -
Similar to messages in topics, users can put + or -
The rating system can be controlled by an administrator or moderators, through the option to enable or disable the rating to the topic.

Please tell me how much such a module can cost? How long will it take? What is necessary on my part, can describe in more detail, depict it on the example of the current forum, and so on? There are examples of such modules on sites pikabu.ru
I really look forward to the answer.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 31 Jan 2024 18:37 
astass
Your question is not quite about User ratings, but about Topic and Post ratings, you could check the most related topic with some solutions.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 User ranking / Respect level ("Karma")
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑