®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

miniBB and security / vulnerability?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 26 May 2005 12:05 
Hi!

I'm looking for a simple BB written in PHP with templates, and miniBB seems just to be what I was looking for.

Anyhow... I remember the security issues phpBB2 was having recently, and I am kinda worried that I'd also open security holes when using miniBB. It is most important to me that I do not offer any vulnerabilities by using a forum. I also do not want to weekly install updates of the forum software in order to fix new security issues that had been discovered.

So, frankly, what do you think about the security of miniBB? Is it a clean, modern PHP code, always written with security in mind? Or is there anything that gives the programmers sleepless nights?

Thanks for your answer! :-)

Regards, Shred

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 26 May 2005 12:48 
Security is our main goal. Developing miniBB within more than 4 years, we (and our users) already have explored some vulnerabilities and security issues, and fixed them. Last months, developing final version 2, we are adding to the core only programming fixes, not related to the security, or just new options. We are not doing releases each week right now; maybe one release per month - and we are trying to achieve the STABLE CORE; after that, we will add just new plug-ins. I hope, it is very close moment...

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 miniBB and security / vulnerability?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑