miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 17 May 2005 17:09 
It was discovered, that on some restricted hostings, it is not good to have file without any extension, and server could interprete it as directory, not file, with undesirable results (when uploaded avatar image can not be displayed). So now, avatars will have extension ".mbb", and you need to replace addon_avatar.php and code for bb_plugins.php from the main package, for having fresh release, also as rename old avatars, if they were uploaded, so they all have extension ".mbb".

Download/update now

Author Anonymous
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2005 19:27 
Hello TEAM,

The loading of the images is correct and they are well posted
in the posts.

I use the plugin addon_member2 and there is a small problem when
script index.php?action=userinfo call script bb_func_usernfo.php.

The misadventures are posted by script bb_func_usernfo.php only if the
column user_custom1 mysql contains the complete name of the image (ex:3217.gif) this as displayed in detail user.

So if only one asterisk (*) is present in the column user_custom1 the
image is not displayed.

In the column mysql it would not be not better to put 11.mbb or 66.mbb
instead of (*).

I think that that will correct the problem of script
bb_func_usernfo.php, this one will be able to display by the same manner the images standards, and those downloadées by the users.

Thank you

Patrick

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#3 | Posted: 20 May 2005 07:35 
I'll wait Team to answer to this.

From the one hand, sounds logical.

From the other hand, may be it will force all people that already installed avatars to reinstall them only because Patrick wants pictures in the member's list.

From the third hand :) (hm, third hand...) I'm only curious what's the reason the avatars to be uploaded with no extension or with extention MBB, but not with their actual extension. Team, please don't get me wrong. The avatars work fine and I only want to learn something more. In the same time, if the plugin needs some correction, this may be a consideration - the actual extensions. I begin to believe less and less in the browsers and specially in what they can recognise :)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 20 May 2005 10:56 
Ivan
As I already mentioned many times, extension doesn't matter when displaying image in browser (instead of EXE files - you already now that simply renaming them to another format is enough to kick browser). Actual extension should not matter when operating with images.

Patrick: I have discovered some bugs when displaying avatar in user info. First of all, don't forget that you need to put variable $l_usrInfo[12] in language pack, so Avatar's value will be displayed in userinfo. Second, I have updated avatars addon today, so download new version and update necessary files. I have tested - now in user's info, both uploaded avatar and chosen avatar should be displayed correctly.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#5 | Posted: 20 May 2005 11:27 
OK, I see, but for example Opera have seen the pictures without extensions, reported me JPG in the picture properties, but when I said "Save as" - proposed me HTML format :) and in the same time saved the picture without extension :) If you call this logical browser's behaviour - I don't :)

But I have another question. Why in today's archive of the avatar plugin I read:

2005-05-20: bb_plugins.php code update, addon_avatar.php update (fix on displaying/deleting avatar in user's profile)

but the plugin itself is from 17th of May? :)

I'll be very thankful to have the one from today, too, not only Patrick :)

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 20 May 2005 12:05 
but the plugin itself is from 17th of May - ups, try now.

OK, I see, but for example Opera have seen the pictures without extensions, reported me JPG in the picture properties, but when I said "Save as" - proposed me HTML format :) and in the same time saved the picture without extension :) If you call this logical browser's behaviour - I don't :) - I don't know how and which browser will save the picture; but I don't think that saving avatars to disk is the primary goal of this plugin. It just should display everything correctly.

Author winxp
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 23 May 2005 18:15 
Hello TEAM;

I thank you for the last modifications in the plugin addon_avatar.

There is no more no problem to post the standard images and those
downloaded by the users.

The plugin list of the members functions also correctly when one calls
upon script bb_func_usernfo.php the image is now well displayed.

Thank you for your assistance

Patrick

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑