®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

$viewpagelim setting

Author Moony
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 30 Mar 2005 17:31 
I cannot quite understand what this means. Does it limit you in viewing forum pages or it just limits the menber of pages shown to you simultaneously? Can anyone give an example (link) to understand this:

$viewpagelim=50; Max pages you can view in either search, posts or topics list.

Thanks in advance!

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 05:04 
Here you go, an example:
use the search facility and look up minibb and set the time frame (Within last... days) to 1000. You will then see the maximum number of pages of results that match the search.
All the best -
mb

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 10:37 
Moony
This is also limitation of general displaying splitting pages, for example, on topics list.

Author Moony
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 11:12 
Can it affect the work of the forum if I set this to 5000000 for example?

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 31 Mar 2005 11:20 
I think, no. I am afraid you will not reach this amount within your life :)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#6 | Posted: 1 Apr 2005 04:27 
How popular your forum must be, Moony! :) Even if there are millions of posts, is it practical to set the view page limit to anything greater than say, a hundred? There probably aren't many people (if any) who have the time and the patience to browse through a hundred pages of topic/post listings or that many pages of search results listings.
All the best -
mb

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 1 Apr 2005 11:33 
I even think - if you have 5,000,000+ posts - miniBB is not the right solution here.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 $viewpagelim setting
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑