miniBB sub-version 2.0 RC2b released

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 18 Mar 2005 16:21 
Main fixes:

- PHP sessions vulmeerability

- fixes in user's registrations and profile when you define custom field

- ability to display user's info in posts (done mostly for people who need avatars, signatures and other user's info displayed near his message). Currently, you can view part of that feature when we display "~www" link near each user's post (if available). We tried to implement this as fast as possible - it takes plus only 2 additional SELECT requests to database when generating a thread. This feature will not be enabled by default.

Download/Upgrade here, see !UPDATE.txt file for upgrading details.

Author andmunn
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 01:31 
Any update on this?
Andrew.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 12:11 
Released.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#4 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 13:54 
Team,

May I simply change the modified files since the initial RC2 excepting setup_options.php and to test the new version this way (until I make the embroidery to setup_options.php) :)

Shall I lose anything excepting the new option about the user's details?

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 14:09 
I hope, you may. There were no critical changes or replacements.

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 14:32 
Hi Team
whats with the mentioned session vuln? now sesiions useable over the internet? or still only for intranet use?

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 15:16 
Fritzek
We just removed cookie setting when sessions are used. So, when you use sessions, miniBB's "original" cookie should not be set.

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 15:33 
ok, will try it and come back

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#9 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 15:34 
Last question on that :)

May I reach the same newest file setup_options.php, if I get the one from the pure RC2 and add at the bottom:

//$userInfoInPosts=array();

Sorry if I'm boring but I want to avoid some work now :)

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 15:45 
Yes, you can, for sure.
Moreso - that's exactly the way you should do.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#11 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 15:53 

Author guest
#12 | Posted: 27 Mar 2005 15:28 
small bug:

I've created a forum category which is a archive category
(with: $roForums=array(8); )

But, although nobody else than the admin can post in this forum, a message at the top of the forum appears, which says that the forum category is empty and I can post the first thread (I'm not logged in at this moment, I'm a guest!). Ok, there's no button for creating a new thread, but this message is nonsense in this case :-)

Is that understandable for you? My english is very bad, sorry.

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 29 Mar 2005 11:14 
Yes, I understand that. But what is the purpose of that forum for you if it is empty?

Author guest
#14 | Posted: 29 Mar 2005 19:14 
If that category will be used as a archive in future and is empty at the moment.

Author guest
#15 | Posted: 29 Mar 2005 19:17 
Why don't you use the great alternative quotation (which you can get under "downloads") as default in the downloadable miniBB sub-version 2.0 RC2b?

The simple Italic function isn't good.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB sub-version 2.0 RC2b released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑