| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 2.0 RC2 released

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author zorglub
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 23 Feb 2005 22:46 
Hi !
got a problem : updated to the very last version miniBB 2.0 RC2 and it counts views two by two...
2 - 4 - 6...

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#32 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 10:32 
Team, you must add in the manual the new thing that users cannot know from another place - for this valuable option :)

1. With:
$closeRegister=1
$genEmailDisable=0
$emailusers=0

Users do receive both passwords - for new registration and also lost ones - but notifications (the checkbox) - not.
(I haven't checked if the Admin receives notifications about new registrations if $emailadmin=1, because mine is 0.)

2. With:
$closeRegister=1
$genEmailDisable=0
$emailusers=1

Users do receive both passwords - for new registration and also lost ones - and notifications (the checkbox).

By the way, RC2 works very well :)

Author Team
8-)
#33 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 10:48 
zorglub
Matrix has you. Views are counted normally, we didn't even change views code in the latest release.

Ivan
For admin, there is an option $emailadmposts (which enables sending about new posts) and $emailadmin (which enables sending info about new user registrations).

It's ok with your suggestion, we have fixed it.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#34 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 11:16 
Thanks, Team :) I tested the combinations with the posts long time yesterday and didn't want to change settings again to try :)

Last question (for now):

I have one forum only and it is "Registered only" (in bb_specials.php), but I lost the registration fields inside the forum (under the textarea). When I set $allForumsReg=TRUE; - the same thing. The registration fields inside the forum disappear. In both cases they appear only on the front page.

What I omit or cannot see?

Author Team
8-)
#35 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 11:28 
I did not understand, please show an example.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#36 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 11:40 
Please enter IN any of the topics (you are not registered). You don't see the "Name" and "Password" fields. The forum is "Registered only" but not "Read only". Why I cannot enter name/pass INSIDE the forum but only at the first page?

Author Team
8-)
#37 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 11:45 
Understood :) We'll fix it.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#38 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 11:56 
:) Thanks :) And (when it's ready) please tell what file to change as a temporal solution (till I change all the release with the new one).

Greetings.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#39 | Posted: 24 Feb 2005 17:14 
zorglub, try to empty ALL your cache in the browser (not your cash :) It might be some cookie doubled, a page cached twice or some spy thing. Then try again.

The counter works fine.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#40 | Posted: 25 Feb 2005 13:46 
Please do not forget my Name/Password fields for entering the forums from INSIDE the forums and the topics, if the registered user haven't entered from the front page.

These fields were there, including RC1g, and disappeared when the registered user entered and/or posted a message. Now, in RC2, these fields totally disappeared forever :)

I was happy with the previous state of the things and now I'm not.

:)

Author Team
8-)
#41 | Posted: 25 Feb 2005 13:56 
I remember about that. Probably, at the beginning of next week we'll make a sub-release for that and a couple of another features.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#42 | Posted: 25 Feb 2005 14:15 
:)

Author metal-mad
#43 | Posted: 2 Mar 2005 21:15 
Quistion how the hell do you install mini BB!It comes up with a load of media files!Why is that?And when I click on them it says it is an extensive file and I cant play it.Please help Im only new to making a web site here.Have you got the HTML script for it?Because that will be easy to cut n paste.Thanx in advance(if I get a reply).

Author daddyjoel
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 2 Mar 2005 23:49 
You need to understand php at least a little bit to get this forum to work. Those 'media files' are php files that need to be run on a server running php to output what you expect. They will not run on your local computer, but you can view the files in notepad.

Three questions,

Do you have a webserver running php?
Do you have a mysql database on that server that you know the connection address, username and password to?
Do you know you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar?

These guys are great help if you ask nicely!

Author Anonymous
#45 | Posted: 20 Mar 2005 10:49 
hi..

what does RC2 stands for..?

Kumar

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 2.0 RC2 released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑