| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 2.0 RC2 released

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author lozmatic
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 19 Feb 2005 17:32 
Great stuff.

Haven't been here for a while... does this version support categorisation of forums?

I look forward to updating my forums.

Loz

Author Team
8-)
#17 | Posted: 19 Feb 2005 18:35 
lozmatic
categorisation of forums - as previously, there is a plugin which supports that.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#18 | Posted: 21 Feb 2005 20:08 
Could you, Team, please, tell me how to change the message that appears after the registration trough email - as I said above?

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 21 Feb 2005 20:33 
RC2 runs like a charm (not in production yet, but shortly ;-) Only few minor probs with my customizations and addons :(
Might be I have to learn PHP (see my topic in Support for 1stpagenews2)
Before I was believing to know how to program PHP, but now... ;-(
regrads, Fritzek

Author ypsie
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 21 Feb 2005 20:49 
Could you, Team, please, tell me how to change the message that appears after the registration trough email - as I said above?

Just open the "email_user_register.txt" in templates directory.

bye, julian

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#21 | Posted: 21 Feb 2005 21:08 
ypsie, thank you but I don't talk for the message that you receive by email after you register yourself. I talk about the message that appears at the head of the registration table after you push the "New user registration" button.

Now the message is the same as if you make direct registration with password: "Go to the begining and enter", or similar. And the user doesn't know and wonders HOW to enter. By my opinion this is not correct.

I want something very simple: after such way of registration the message that appears to be the same that you see when you ask for a forgotten password: "The password has been sent to you. Check your email and follow the instructions", or something like that.

Author Team
8-)
#22 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 10:59 
Ivan
tell me how to change the message that appears after the registration trough email
It's in language pack.

Author aiesa
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 12:24 
Team...

which file that i have to update... since i have made a couple of changes to the files (minibb2 RC1g)... and afraid the changes might lost...

thanks

Author Team
8-)
#24 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 12:37 
aiesa
List of all changes files is available inside the archive, !UPDATE.txt

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#25 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 15:22 
Team,

It's not the same. The language file contains both messages but they are for different cases. The first is for the direct registration, the second is for registration via email. You cannot change the sense of the first message because you'll lose it. Give some attention to that. We must change the command what of the two messages exactly to appear after the registration via email.

Author Team
8-)
#26 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 15:28 
$l_userRegistered, $l_goToLogin, $l_thankYouReg - if you are using closed registrations, just EDIT them. Why we need to keep 2 different and large texts in memory when someone doesn't need it at all?

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#27 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 15:41 
Because they are already there :) You'll come somewhen to the stage to separate the file to user and admin section and then it won't be so "heavy", as you always like to say.

Now one may every week change the way of registration and he'll be every week forced to edit a bunch of files - setup_options.php and all language files that he has in use. In addition - to edit the original english language file and to lose its first text.

What you propose is to make the universal version of miniBB a customized version only... Not good :)

Author Team
8-)
#28 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 15:45 
That's one of the main ideas of miniBB - customize 90% of it.

I don't think there are a lot of users which changing this every week, so we'll keep it as it is.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#29 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 18:10 
I cannot see what is this bad thing that I say.

I don't want to change anything basic in miniBB and to make the language file bigger, but simply to change my forum registration via email to call the variable $l_emailSent instead of $l_goToLogin.

But as this seems to be boring and insulting, I'll read all the PHP manual and all miniBB files when I have time, and hope to find it...

Obviously I have not the needed talent to explain that miniBB now gives erroneous message for the said case.

Greetings.

Author Team
8-)
#30 | Posted: 23 Feb 2005 10:12 
What the problem to change language file? In any way, we don't force users to overwrite language files via update. It's just a matter of taste, to change this sentence when user registering, or explain how he gets his password, on FAQ/Manual page.

P.S. I guess, we just should mention in manual, that people should edit language, if they are using that option ;)

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 2.0 RC2 released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑