| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 2.0 RC2 released

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 11:46 
Key changes:

*) Next step in uniting miniBB with another script and/or users database: separated authorisation module allows to set your own rules in authorisation without losing chances in further core upgrades.

*) Preventing comment spam

*) "Cleaning up the board" mechanism

*) Mod_rewrite issues (no need to edit templates additionally for mod_rewrite anymore - links are changed automatically)

*) Minor bugfixes

Click here for DOWNLOAD or UPDATE

Author nomadicink
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 14:11 
go Team!

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 18:22 
Question. Are all the plugins made by you guys immediately compatible with RC2?

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 18:40 
Plugins for version 2 should be all compatible with RC2 and with 2.x in general. Actually, there were no such small changes in RC2 so we could call it "incompatible".

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 19:36 
Thank you!
But what about the "who ist online" box?

bye, julian

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#6 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 20:40 
Team, thanks for the release. By my manner, I changed the entire installation and all works without problems. Only one queston for the moment, because I wouldn't like to experiment just now.

Can I switch to "Close for edit/Open for edit" several times with the new checkbox?

Greetings.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 20:49 
We'll wait for Cakeman's plugin.

Ivan: yes, you can (or at last I've programmed it this way, try it :)

Author cakeman
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 21:50 
Yeah, I fix it this Week-end.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#9 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 21:56 
Yes! And even more! When closed, there is a note "Edited by Admin". When opened again, this note disappears! Great!

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! Thank you once more! :)

Author ypsie
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 18 Feb 2005 23:16 
Yeah, I fix it this Week-end.
@cakeman: the "who ist online" box?
that would be extremely nice :=)

bye, julian

Author cakeman
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 19 Feb 2005 00:56 
ypsie
"my" plugin is the addon poll

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#12 | Posted: 19 Feb 2005 01:47 
Team,

As you remember, we changed the combination with $closeRegister=1 and made possible:

$closeRegister=1
$genEmailDisable=0
$emailusers=0

The sense of that was new users to register with pass sent by e-mail, but the e-mail notification for the new answers to remain turned off (together with the checkbox under the textarea) if it's not needed. OK. This works but:

1. I could not find anywhere in the manual an explanation about this new option.
2. The message that appears after the succesfull registration is not "Check your e-mail for the password etc." but "You registered successfully. Go to the beginning and enter." With that message the user will never learn how to enter because nobody tells him.

I think that this two details must be corrected. For point 2 you can simply replace the message with the one that appears (it's ready in the language file) when user asks for a forgotten password: "Your pass has been sent. Please follow the instructions."

In this case I have also:

$emailadmposts=0

and I did not received e-mail messages for the test registrations. Why? I have $emailadmin=0 Is this the reason and how it must be?

Added later

Yes, I saw, for receiving a notification only for the new registration, it must be:

$emailadmposts=0
$emailadmin=1

But the message I said above must be changed...

Author ypsie
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 19 Feb 2005 12:32 
And what about the "who ist online" box?
I would be so glad about that... :)

bye, julian

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#14 | Posted: 19 Feb 2005 14:35 
ypsie, stop repeating the same thing all the time! You're online :) You've been said - Monday! Free! Aaaaaaaaaaaa!

:))

Author nomadicink
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 19 Feb 2005 14:53 
My boards no longer have a logout button. So Paul, who was doing some custom intergration of the boards, suggested a work around.

Sadly, it doesn't work. When I make the code changes suggested by Paul, I get a logout button appears all the time, (even when the user isn't logged in) and the logout button does NOT log a person out.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 2.0 RC2 released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑