miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Installation problems, difficulties, hints; Database / configuration error via installation

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

Author Anonymous
#16 | Posted: 19 Jul 2004 18:55 
Parse error: parse error in /home/.../public_html/mini/setup_options.php on line 18

Warning: main(./setup_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/mini/_install.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening './setup_.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/crotrav/public_html/mini/_install.php on line 30

Installation file is missing. Please, check your directory for _install_.sql file!

Author Team
8-)
#17 | Posted: 20 Jul 2004 09:58 
You haven't set up $DB value in your options file. It should be equal to 'mysql' in most common cases.

Author andmunn
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 16 Jan 2005 09:05 
Hello All,

Been looking for the answer, but i seem to be stumbling on this step:

$Tf='minibb_forums'; $Tp='minibb_posts'; $Tt='minibb_topics'; $Tu='minibb_users'; $Ts='minibb_send_mails'; $Tb='minibb_banned'; Database's table names - for preventing outside hacker attacks, you MUST rename these tables to something else, not like in default miniBB installation. On another hand, these names should not conflict with existing tables, if you have any.

I'm doing this all through Cpanel / PhP My Admin - i setup the database (miniBB), and hten went to PHP My Admin to create the tables (is that what ineeed to do?) - But i keep getting errors...there is something for a table name (i.e.// "minibb_users") - but then there is also a "field" entry - what do i put here?

Any help appreciateD!
Thanks,
Andrew.

Author Anonymous
#19 | Posted: 16 Jan 2005 21:24 
You just setup the database. The intall script sets up the tables. You have to define the table namesd in the setup script.

Author Team
8-)
#20 | Posted: 17 Jan 2005 10:14 
Being more specific - you need to set table names FIRST, and SECOND, run the _install.php script which will create all tables automatically.

Author andmunn
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 17 Jan 2005 23:34 
I figured it out! Works great...was my inability to read properly.

Author Braxton
#22 | Posted: 27 Jan 2005 04:08 
Well, i read the support page and stuff,and I have not figured this out, I would like to know first off where the readme file is for installion, cause right now I am getting a database error I am havent touched a thing, every thing is properly transferred to the FTP server, and I kept the exact file/folder structure as i recieved it via zip file.

Author Team
8-)
#23 | Posted: 27 Jan 2005 11:07 
where the readme file is for installion

Locally: templates/manual_eng.html

Online: https://www.minibb.com/forums/manual.html#config1

Author Anonymous
#24 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 14:14 
Hi all, have installed minibb on my webspace and I thought everything was running smoothly..

Until I tried to add forums. Whenever I try, I get this error message:

Table 'xenishc_comic.minibbtable_forums' doesn't exist. Please, try another name or value.

I thought that it was because I hadn't changed the table names, like it says to in the manual. But I did that and it still doesn't work? What do I need to do? Thankyou for all your help :)

Author Team
8-)
#25 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 14:29 
You need to change table names BEFORE installation. Be sure specified table names correspond to what actually you have in database.

Author D3e
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 8 Jun 2005 17:02 
Hi,

I have installed the forum, but when i go to enter it i get this problem..

TEMPLATE NOT FOUND: user_login_form

What could it be..?

Thanks D3e

Author Team
8-)
#27 | Posted: 8 Jun 2005 20:42 
So, check if template user_login_form.html is in templates, is not in any way renamed, removed or corrupted. If so, re-upload it from the main package again.

For your knowledge: 99% of users having this problem, are using bad FTP client, or bad connection, or incorrect upload type (files should be uploaded in ASCII mode, not binary - RTFM).

Author aquaspider
Partaker
#28 | Posted: 3 Aug 2005 05:27 
When I run from my browser the _install.php file,it appears:
---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------
Warning: main(./setup_MySQL.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/users/aquaism.net/miniBB/_install.php on line 19

Warning: main(./setup_MySQL.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/users/aquaism.net/miniBB/_install.php on line 19

Warning: main(): Failed opening './setup_MySQL.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/users/aquaism.net/miniBB/_install.php on line 19

Installation file is missing. Please, check your directory for _install_MySQL.sql file!

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea how I should place the files correctly.

Some information may be usuful:

$DB='MySQL';

$DBhost='localhost';
$DBname='aquaspider';
$DBusr='aquaspider';
$DBpwd='***';

-------------------------------------------------
Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

thank you.

Author Team
8-)
#29 | Posted: 3 Aug 2005 10:07 
Specify $DB='mysql'; as it is set by default.

Author aquaspider
Partaker
#30 | Posted: 4 Aug 2005 02:29 
Thank you very much.

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Installation problems, difficulties, hints; Database / configuration error via installation
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑