Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Locking Topics for Admin Only

Author andmunn
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 17 Jan 2005 23:36 
Hello,

I'm trying to make it so that only admin's can lock / unlock topics (Rather then also allow the author do such). I know there is an option to do this somewhere, but i read through the manual and can't find it.

Any suggestions?

Andrew.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#2 | Posted: 18 Jan 2005 00:32 
$userUnlock=0; If it is set to 0, registered user can not unlock his topic again after it was locked (by admin or himself), and vice versa.

$userUnlock=2; - users can not lock topics at all.

Author VietTalk
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 18 Jan 2005 03:16 
i thought this was standard setting.

can lock / unlock topics

no other forum scripts make users can lock thread self....

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#4 | Posted: 18 Jan 2005 08:49 
This is a little... hm... let's say, democratic option, but we see that it's possible to lock it :) Sometimes opportunities (for the users) like this are good thing, sometimes - not very much :) I have set mine to 0 :) But I think that it's very good to have it in principle - more options, more possibilites, with the same simplicity. Very good board :)

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Locking Topics for Admin Only
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑