miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /  

Your impressions and wishes

Add your impression! Guest comments are welcome!

Page  Page 6 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  11  12  Next »

Author poweranger
Partaker
#76 | Posted: 2 May 2005 19:05 
ist simple and easy good i love this forum

Author Sammybeany
Partaker
#77 | Posted: 28 Apr 2005 21:08 
I'm loving miniBB . . . my users were skeptical at first, but I think they're loving it now, too. Avatars and signatures be damned, the snappy load times are well worth the "sacrifice"

Thanks for the great software! :)

Author epicsff
Partaker
#78 | Posted: 27 Apr 2005 17:06 
Just installed it after removing the turtle named phpbb. Awsome. Check out my sites bulletin board to see it work. Any sugguestions? No, though it would be nice to have more icon selection for customization. So fast. I love it.

-Shane

-------------------------------
You may download additional icons in our Download section.
https://www.minibb.com/download.html
--Team

Author David Choi
Partaker
#79 | Posted: 14 Apr 2005 23:48 
Man! Now I have the minibb running right now! It was the easiest board to be customized in a short time! It only took about 3 hours to change the design to fit my website.

I am excited because before minibb I already tried about 6 different message boards, and it took more than 3 days to make it more or less the way I wanted, but I still did not get satisfied with it.

I wonder why some guys were complaining that the minibb coding was complicated. Your coding is awsome and very professional! Very easy to modify!

Right now I am in the fase of development of my site, so there are no visitors (no marketing at the moment), but I expect to be done after about 40 days.

With minibb I am 110% satisfied, thanks!

Author Anonymous
#80 | Posted: 12 Apr 2005 08:57 
I love this forum!

You rock dude!

Author Anonymous
#81 | Posted: 14 Mar 2005 19:00 
This looks exactly what I've been looking for: Small, simple but still useful. Thank you.

Author WidgetDeveloper.com
#82 | Posted: 4 Mar 2005 15:32 
I love MiniBB, it rocks!!

So easy to skin!!

i will be implementing it very soon at my site...

Author Anonymous
#83 | Posted: 23 Feb 2005 13:57 
I just dropped by to give a thank to the team behind MiniBB.
I've just been sitting and worked with your board, commin' up with a real good result!
Don't doubt the quality of miniBB 2.0!

Thanks guys.

Cheers LaHma.

Author GhostX
Partaker
#84 | Posted: 11 Feb 2005 20:11 
I must say this php bb is vary wicked not full of junk that you dont need just a nice little clean BB, Thanks to every one who made it, your the best!

Author dead_cat
Partaker
#85 | Posted: 9 Feb 2005 21:37 
I have to disagree with you Ben. Having the latest post at the top is a far smarter way to run things. Checking for updates can be a real mare otherwise. And I never would have seen your entry had it been all the way on page 4. Yebo.

I like these forums. D e a d simple.

Author Ben
#86 | Posted: 17 Jan 2005 18:25 
the forum system is really nice.

There are two things I would like to see added though (they may be possible at the moment... I don't know?)

1) I would like new replies placed at the end of the thread rather than the start. This is the way all other forusm I have seen work and I find it confusing being the way it is. I would be more than happy if there was a switch so you can choose which way it works (in the setup file/ the admin control panel)

2) The ability to prune old messages to prevent the forum from getting too big. Actually to follow on from this the ability to lock threads that are over a certain age would be good (but not essential).

MiniBB is really nice (i'll probably use the MiniBBx version) and I hope to add it to my site soon.

I must say I echo all the comments about your untidy coding style. It's not very nice to see totally uncommented code with illogical variable names.

If I was to make some adjustments/ improvements could I email them to you for inclusion in the main file? I prefer to use things without modification so that if I upgrade in the future I don't have to go and edit everything again.

Ooh - just about to post the message, and notive a lack of preview button. that would be very handy as well.

----------------------------------

1) Only this thread is sorted in reversed order, since we want fresh opinions stay on top. It's a feature.

2) Right now, we are working on the main core; however, archivation plugin is planned in the near future; it will include your request.

As about coding style - it's our product and our coding style, it's open source, so these claims are not taken into consideration. Every user could edit our source the way he likes, including you; as about modifications, previews, etc. - we have our own concepts, and will follow them. Every user needs something different, and you too, so it's better to keep on yourself, not obtrude your opinion on everyone, like we do.

miniBB Team

Author Anonymous
#87 | Posted: 16 Jan 2005 22:21 
I just want to thank you for this extraordinary good work!
The software ist very easy to use and fast, but offers enough possibilities.

Thanks!! Julian

Author Anonymous
#88 | Posted: 15 Jan 2005 21:30 
Thi looks great! And I can actually read the discussions, without sorting through a million irrelevant messages!

Author anela
Partaker
#89 | Posted: 1 Jan 2005 20:35 
Yes, I love the general simplicity. It's so easy to style (unlike other forum scripts I have tried) and customize. It just fits so seamlessly into my current layout. Plus the small size is just perfect for what I need. I like the option to be able to show the posts directly when there is only one forum activated.

Author Ivan
#90 | Posted: 30 Dec 2004 14:12 
Coen
The layout is very good. And logical, too. You can believe me. Of course, what you like personally is very different question :)

Page  Page 6 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  11  12  Next » 
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /
 Your impressions and wishes
 Share Topic's Link

Your impression Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑