| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 2.0 RC1g released

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 13:29 
Changes comparision: 2.0 RC1f - 2.0 RC1g

* bb_func_vthread.php: fixes with moved topics IDs. Earlier, when you have bookmarked some topic, or received notification about that topic, if the topic was moved to another forum, you saw an error that this topic no longer exists. Now, it should work ok. Fixed also "Delete" link displaying in the first post.

* bb_func_vforum.php
* bb_func_stats.php,
* templates/stats.html (remove "Moderators" section): Moderators definition is CHANGED. Now, miniBB will have the same moderation routine as another forums - for every forum, you need to set up moderators separately. $mods array looks now as the following:

$mods=array(
FORUM_ID_1=>array(USER_ID_1, USER_ID_2, ...),
FORUM_ID_2=>array(USER_ID_3, USER_ID_4, ...)
);

for example:

$mods=array(
1=>array(9,996),
2=>array(9)
);

means that user with ID = 9 is the moderator for forums with IDs 1 and 2, and user 996 is moderator for forum 1.

$modsOut variable, if existing, is not necessary anymore.

Displaying list of moderators is now available on the first forums page. In default version, it is hidden. If you want to display this list, in HTML template main_forums_cell.html add variable {$moderatorsList} (for example, directly after {$forum_desc}).

Moderators list was removed from the Stats script file and template.

* bb_admin.php: paths, URLs fix (as it was described here: [urlc=https://www.minibb.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&topic=1974]http://www.minibb.com/forums/index.php?ac tion=vthread&forum=3&topic=19 74
[/url]

* bb_func_editprf.php
* bb_func_inslng.php
* bb_func_login.php
* bb_func_man.php
* bb_func_ptopic.php
* bb_func_regusr.php
* bb_func_viewip.php
* bb_functions.php
* index.php
* _install.php

The following templates were updated so now they have https://www.minibb.com/forums variable instead of "./". It is NOT NECESSARY TO UPDATE these templates! If your previous version works Ok, and path to files is not critical for your server, ignore these files:

admin_panel.html
main_forums.html
main_forums_cell.html
main_header.html
main_lastdiscuss_cell.html (also added .views CSS style)
main_last_discussions.html (+ .views)
main_post_form.html
main_posts.html
main_topics.html (+ .views style)
main_topics_cell.html (+ .views style)
protect_forums.html
search.html
user_dataform.html

The following templates were updated (no need to update them if you are happy with layout!)

- admin_addforum1.html
- admin_searchusers.html
- lang/eng.php (just fixed some sentenses in English, nothing new here)

templates/manual_eng.html: manual updated.

$l_num_posts was deleted from language pack.

templates/main_forums.html : $l_num_posts changed to $l_replies

New CSS style in bb_default_style.css: .views (defines views column color in Last Discussions and Topics list)

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#2 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 15:30 
I did only the following to my current installation of 2.0 RC1f:

1. Replaced all the templates with the ones of 2.0 RC1g.
2. Replaced all the files in the main directory excepting setup_options.php with the ones of 2.0 RC1g.

As a result a lost all first pages of all my topics.

The front page shows the following links to go to the first page of the respective topic:

http://www.ivansclub.com/theclub/1_1_0.html
http://www.ivansclub.com/theclub/1_5_0.html
http://www.ivansclub.com/theclub/1_6_0.html

Of course, it's absolutely normal after I click ot the title of the topic, to receive ERROR 404. Yes, it's true. I never had such pages.

But when I think now... why do I need first pages of the topics? I can enter through the pages with No 2. Or No 7... Not bad. Original.

Actually, do I need a forum at all?... May be it's better to block all the forum, not only the first pages... You, no doubt, have the appropriate software for that. Where can I download it from? It's urgent. One half of my forum works. We must not allow that. We must stop it entirely now.

Good work, folks! I'm amazed!

Relax and get a drink!

Be my guests:

http://www.ivansclub.com/theclub/index.php

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 15:39 
Oh, sorry... and thanks for reporting it. I forgot to change all links from mod_rewrite routine back... NEVER NEVER new templates again, never :)) Will fix it now...

P.S. Don't be angry :) I just forgot that we here have mod_rewrite. Actually, we have the same working copy on our server as in installation, so sometimes it's hard to remember that :)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 15:50 
Ivan
Try to re-upload again... now it should work...

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#5 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 15:53 
When you release to the public, there is no: "I forgot."

So will you give me some normal release?

PLEASE DO NOT HURRY. DO IT CAREFULLY. ELSE, YOU'LL DO SOMETHING OTHER, THAT... :)

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 16:05 
It is already in downloads, the same package, only 4 updated templates inside.

When you release to the public, there is no: "I forgot."
Beta :)

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#7 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 16:31 
Beta (especially when one has reached as far as G) means "something small to correct", not "be ready to any catastrophy from the beginning" :)

Nevermind. Now it works.

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 16:36 
It really was not catastrophy. You, too, should also read more carefully update routine - it says clearly that it is not necessary to update templates, and these updates touch only new users.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#9 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 16:56 
I read the readme. The templates touch the old ones, too - counters, columns etc. I really wanted to see the changes.

In addition: "not necessary" is not "do not update".

In addition: not necessary for the old ones, and what about the new ones?

In addition: I was obliged to check the changes with the counter. Yes, the text is changed, but if only the template is changed, and in the code the old counter is working, it's only a trick. How it is, actually.

May I in the future use my admin templates? Do you brain some general changes in them?

Все равно, я вовсе не хочу затеивать какого-то скандала. Просто было неприятно, что с самого обновления форум замерз. Я подумал, что у меня какая-то ошибка из некомпетентности.

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 17:10 
We are making such kind of mistakes all the time, and we really appreciate help of users like you which are helping to find them. No scandals here :) It's just the matter of testing...

I can not say nothing in general about admin's templates; we did all changes you suggested and we accepted; right now, we are focusing on the main core, not templates, really. If you remember - that's why I've said that we still don't want to update language packs or CSS, because some new stuff may follow.

In general, if some templates are updated, as you see, we report all changes we made in them, and if you made your own templates, it's not a problem at all to use them, instead of ours. In any case, we are still not plaanning serious updates in templates, like it was in previous 1.x series, but who knows...

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#11 | Posted: 14 Jan 2005 17:49 
I saw the shanges. Yes, now it's much better!

My question is absolutely egoistic :) I wouldn't like to rework these templates for me every few months. I like the good and simople order and design. It's my profession and I don't like forms that are not aligned or do not have all attributes :) I'll continue to try to charm you about that. Next time I'll use the argument, that 1K more in the size of the template is nothing, and only the admin loads them, so this panel will not affect the speed of the users :)

What you did about the counters, I'm curious. Did you removed the second one, or reworked it to only sum the sums of the forums, or?... It's my damned curiouosity only :)

By the way, I'll need to correct the text for "Total number of posts" in "Statistics" in the Bulgarian file. I'll do it tomorrow and will let you know when I upload it. Be kind to tell me when it's put in your download section, to remove mine...

Regards.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#12 | Posted: 15 Jan 2005 00:11 
Installed again with clean install. All's working OK so far :)

I feel somehow that it works faster, but I don't know is it from my connection at the moment or from the board. I hope to be from the board :)

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 17 Jan 2005 10:36 
I guess, it's more from your connection :) We have not really changed something in the core.

Author Team
8-)
#14 | Posted: 17 Jan 2005 10:48 
Ivan
I wouldn't like to rework these templates for me every few months.

And you don't need to do that!
All our changes in templates, every time, affect mostly NEW users. That's the idea of templates - you can update the bugfixed PHP core WITHOUT touching your originally mastered templates.

As about admin templates - size doesn't matter here; we just don't see the sense in making some "decorative" stuff for admin, who probably should be professional enough person to work with more simple design that user.

Did you removed the second one, or reworked it to only sum the sums of the forums

We just minused Replies - Topics in Stats, and replaced "Posts" word in English language pack to "Replies" on all another pages.

Author zorglub
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 26 Jan 2005 14:32 
Did you set back the 'VIEWS' counter ?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 2.0 RC1g released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑