Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

css: % or px

Author cakeman
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 21 Dec 2004 17:08 
Hello,

In minibb2.0, you choose te fix the forum width with the number of pixels (px). In fact it is 770px. Mychoice is different. Indeed I want that the forum width is adapted to the screeen width so The larger is set with %.
I found one problem is the css that concerns the last discussion cells (class tbtransparent ).
With that code, I have that:

.tbTransparent{
width: 95%;
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
background: transparent;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 15px;
}

And with this code, I have that:

.tbTransparent{
width:770px;
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
background: transparent;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 15px;
}

The html code is exactly the same. Use "<nobr>" is a solution that I found but it is not HTML valid. So it is a css problem but I don't find the solution.
Is anybody has an idea ?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 21 Dec 2004 17:15 
I think, this is not CSS problem, but editing some language files variables this way will help:

$l_sortBy='Sort&nbsp;by:';
$l_newAnswers='Latest&nbsp;posts';
$l_newTopics='New&nbsp;topics';

$l_sortedBy='Sorted&nbsp;by:';

Another words, insert &nbsp; (non-breakable space) instead of ' ' and you are here...

Author cakeman
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 21 Dec 2004 17:34 
Wouhh !
Thanks a lot ! It works.
Definitively, I don't like this kind of problem with special charactere like &nbsp; ... :p

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 21 Dec 2004 17:44 
I agree, it's not the best solution, but I really don't know why browser interprets 50% cells this way.

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 css: % or px
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑