Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »

Author Team
8-)
#16 | Posted: 21 Nov 2004 23:17 

Author different
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 22 Nov 2004 10:29 
Congrats on minibb v2, very nice work.

I'm thinking of modifiying minibb to use xhtml and use markdown to format posts. In fact, I have already done this mostly.

My question is how long do you think minibb will be in beta and do you expect many changes (I notice already you have release RC1_a_). I'm just wondering whther I would be better off waiting if you are expecting to change the code base much.

Thanks for your help.

Author Team
8-)
#18 | Posted: 22 Nov 2004 10:45 
We are not planning MANY changes this moment. They will be mostly FIXES. We have some useful features in mind, but will keep them for the future, not today. We have a lot of work even w/o it.

Author different
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 23 Nov 2004 10:15 
Cool, I assume I'm pretty safe making hanges to the templates anyway (leaving the variables alone of course)

Author Team
8-)
#20 | Posted: 26 Nov 2004 14:31 
Changes comparision: 2.0 RC1a - 2.0 RC1b
* index.php: minor changes regarding $action (done because of more efficient side-plugins include)
* bb_func_login.php: fixed error when anonymous user posts nothing when making new topic or post
* bb_functions.php: version change

Author link92
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 28 Nov 2004 03:20 
How long do you think it'll be will 2.0 Gold?

Author Team
8-)
#22 | Posted: 29 Nov 2004 01:32 
a few weeks...

Author Team
8-)
#23 | Posted: 1 Dec 2004 10:45 
Changes comparision: 2.0 RC1b - 2.0 RC1c
* bb_functions.php: convert_date() fix

Author zuko
#24 | Posted: 2 Dec 2004 16:06 
as i'm currently planning to build up a small, private communication/forum-tool for 10-20 friends of mine, i checked out the most established php/mysql-bulletinboards. minibb is the first one i can imagine to use. i'm really enthusiastic about the simplicity and the "additive handling" with makes it possible to choose which functions the board should have. unfortunately there are still some useful features which aren't avaliable yet, but i believe in the power of community and open-source and i'm sure pms, avatars, forumsplitting, quoting, more admin-power, etc. will soon be to implement.

the only thing which needs more attention imho is the styling. for example, the pre-defined css-classes only allow one overall style for links. if you want to change the style for links in e.g. caption1, you have to define a new class and change all the templates in which caption1 is mentioned. lot of work... i haven't started yet. ;)
if you could split up the captions in more categories (imho the transparent-table-tab is really unpractical) it would be easier to do some styling-work.

i'm looking forward to new updates and features and continue searching for the bulletinboard of my choice. big chance it's gonna be minibb.

greets from slovenia and keep up the good work!!

Author Team
8-)
#25 | Posted: 2 Dec 2004 16:46 
zuko
i'm sure pms, avatars, forumsplitting, quoting, more admin-power, etc. will soon be to implement

You are probably wrong. Our concept is not to develop something that already available on the market. Our goal is to make CLEAN and USEFUL product, not a COSMIC SHIP. PMS is the last thing, if we'll think about it at all. Forums splitting is already available. Quoting - hm, we don't like 3-4-5-floor quotes! What is wrong with our simple quotes system? More admin power - admin is ALREADY the person who owns ALL right to the forums, what more?

As about styling - don't be too egoistic. Remember that there are a lot of skins, and you can easily change the look of the board, just editing 2-3 CSS options. It is not difficult to create your own A.style of links, then just add them to <A>, if you need some extravagant design. But in general, all links must have the same style and color, it's usability question; and we are not going to change that.

miniBB is not young; we develop it already for 3 years, and we know, what is really necessary and what not. You are not the first person who wants everything.

Author lime
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 2 Dec 2004 19:35 
i'm sure pms, avatars, forumsplitting, quoting, more admin-power, etc. will soon be to implement.

You said you liked the simplicity but adding all of that would take it away.

Author Anonymous
#27 | Posted: 5 Dec 2004 15:35 
great!
much better performance, much better layout! :)

only one problem: last discussions (first page) only appers for Admin. Guests and other Members cant view it. What should we do? Thanks!

Samuel
http://forum.cifraclub.terra.com.br

Author Team
8-)
#28 | Posted: 6 Dec 2004 10:38 
As I see, you are using some kind of hack, not original code. So, I can't imagine what the problem is. In default version, everything appears correctly (as you might see on our site, for example).

Author Team
8-)
#29 | Posted: 6 Dec 2004 11:48 
Changes comparision: 2.0 RC1c - 2.0 RC1d
* Fixed templates: main_forums.html, main_last_discussions.html, main_topics.html, user_dataform.html ("images" directory was appearing incorrectly, the correct is "img").
* bb_functions.php: version change

Author Anonymous
#30 | Posted: 6 Dec 2004 13:32 
Team
As I see, you are using some kind of hack

Sorry.

I just made a few changes to fit to our needs. Our forum database (and audience) is so huge and we're having little problems with original code since 1.x.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 2.0 BETA RELEASED!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑