miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Keep it simple and develop Addons instead!

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 1 Apr 2002 20:51 
Hi

Choosing a BB from Hotscripts 107 choices was not an easy task! I finally ended up to switch from my wellworking but huge W-Agora to miniBB, because miniBB has 90% functionality and 110% speed, but only 10% size and ballast. Now I can do most things like before with a minimum of spent time. I installed in minutes and customized it in an hour!

Since miniBB is quite new, there is a big risk that more and more features are added until it is nothing unique anymore, just another slow, difficult to install, manage and update BB.

My suggestion is therefore that advanced features not needed by most users should be added as Addons or not at all.

Regarding the 1.2 upgrade:

1. Most people seem to like to have the smilies by defult.

2. Removing private forums references from Last discussions on front page should be very important. It is not very private if everyone can see what has been discussed? What did they discuss?

3. MiniBB has only 6 tables, which in most cases are installed in the only existing database at the ISP website, so all the tablenames should by default have prefixes like miniBB_users, miniBB_posts etc. to keep them well separated from other tables in the database and to avoid confusion with other programs.

Despite testing and playing around with miniBB for a working day, this was really all I came up with. And no error messages! Not bad!

Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Eirik Naese
Finland

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 2 Apr 2002 10:22 
First, thanks for choosing us

My suggestion is therefore that advanced features not needed by most users should be added as Addons or not at all

Yes, it is of course clear and we will do everything this way.

Most people seem to like to have the smilies by defult.

And most no (including us), so this will be released only as plugin.

Removing private forums references from Last discussions on front page should be very important

Yes, it will be done in core.

tablenames should by default have prefixes like miniBB_users, miniBB_posts etc.

No problem. We and anyone else can change that by default.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Keep it simple and develop Addons instead!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑