®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

login bug

Author danny
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 27 Aug 2004 03:55 
a few users have complained about not being able to login.. I'm sure it has something to do with the cookies, but not entirely sure. They come to the page and if they enter the correct pw it won't say wrong pw.. it just refreshes the page and they still aren't logged in. If they put a wrong pw it says wrong pw. I suggested clearing cookies to one.. and it didn't fix it. Oddly.. the problem eventually fixes it self? I am not sure.. I've been comparing the cookies etc etc and I even did something with one user... I said try this ...

made him go to index.php?mode=logout and then he was able to login.

So I'm leaning towards a problem with cookies not expiring right? maybe? Not sure... I've left the cookie expire times etc to default, I did change what I was instructed to however...

thanks in advance,

Danny

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 27 Aug 2004 10:05 
Let me see exact URL, so I can check myself, will I be able to login or not.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 30 Aug 2004 10:23 
So, don't you think then it is users' problem, not forum's? Maybe they have disabled cookies. Maybe they are using some unusual browser... Ask them about that. I can not expect what is happening on individual computer.

Author danny
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 30 Aug 2004 21:10 
I already have.. I didn't come here right away. I looked in to it. I had them report to me what browser, what computer in the house, and cookie settings each time. The forum is somewhat geek inhabited so they aren't lower level users. For the people it happened to it was the same in both IE and Mozilla.. Also they assured me cookie settings were fine. I can not begin to understand what is going on.. it locks them out for like 5hrs .. or so.. maybe less. Sometimes if I login in for them and then they try it works. It's very very odd.

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 31 Aug 2004 10:08 
I sucessfully registered and logged in with default IE settings... Yes, it sounds strange, but everything I could say - it's not our script problem. Script is constant and can not change its mind, to work normally or not. So, the reason is somewhere else.

Author danny
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 31 Aug 2004 11:29 
I agree with that, but perhaps something with how my cookies are tuned? Let me post my cookie settings .. you might notice a bug or something /shrug.

$cookiedomain='www.carpetburn.org';
$cookiename='miniBBsite';
$cookiepath='/';
$cookiesecure=FALSE;
$cookie_expires=90000;
$cookie_renew=1800;
$cookielang_exp=2592000;

Like I said.. I agree with the script not being able to change... but scenarios that present different things and different timings (ie with cookie releases and renewals) can present themselves.

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 31 Aug 2004 11:36 
Try to set $cookiedomain='';

There could be a difference when you login from http://www.carpetburn.org OR simply http://carpetburn.org (last will not work of course)

Author Anonymous
#8 | Posted: 31 Aug 2004 12:00 
w00t! That didn't work.. but it's because in the parent directory for forum I have a page that has a login box. Obviously both pages need to have the domain needed. www.carpetburn.org was not allowing http://carpetburn.org .. so I simply changed it from being

$cookiedomain="www.carpetburn.org";

to

$cookiedomain="carpetburn.org";

Thanks a lot =)

Author danny
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 31 Aug 2004 21:03 
crap.. I didn't login (that's me above as Anonymous.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 login bug
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑