miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /   

implementing dividers in the forum listings

#1 | Posted: 13 Oct 2006 19:49 
i have like 6 forums, but there's no cool divider like you see on this site.
I mean, it just lists the 6 forums I can't give them a category header.
Do i have to write this myself or is there a mechanism to enable this feature?
i don't think your forums have categories, and there's no way in the templates (that I can see) to enable this, so I would guess that i have to write it myself.
is this really the case.....................
thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 | Posted: 13 Oct 2006 20:19 
okay, the answer is in the forum_group.
Put your forums in a forum_group and set their sort order accordingly in the database table called minibbtable_forums. put all your related forums in the same forum_group.
Then, magically, it will appear.
If you have a problem in your version (which I did) whereby the forum_group name appeared above each and every forum, you need to change the file bb_func_vforum.php and add the following code:

$doneArr = array();
............. the sixth field in the selection loop is the forum_group, so......
if ($cols[6]!=''){
if (in_array($cols[6], $doneArr)) { // if we have already shown the template for the forum_group
if ($debug) echo "in_array doneArr<br>"; // do nothing
} else {
array_push($doneArr, $cols[6]);
$list_forums.=ParseTpl(makeUp('main_forumgroup')); // parse template which presents forum_gruop as a header inthe forum listing

that's it, as far as i can see.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#3 | Posted: 14 Oct 2006 03:24 | Edited by: Ivan 
miniBB has supertitles instead - which work as dividers. If I understood correctly what you mean and want.

The supertitles are to be put in the Admin Panel -> Forum Setup (or Setup Forum :) ).

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 16 Oct 2006 03:28 | Edited by: Paul 
Congratulations: you have solved a non-existing problem.

This feature is called "Super-title", and each supertitle is available under forums editing section of admin panel. You can specify a super-title for some forum, and it will look like a "group". This feature is built-in, nothing additional to program is needed.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To / implementing dividers in the forum listings Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB