miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How to make duplicate minibb install on a different domain ?

Author trc4949
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 21 May 2016 21:16 
I installed minibb on one domain and replaced the old style css from the original minibb style. I put a few addons into the forum.

So if I want to make a duplicate install of this forum on another domain, can I just do a full ftp download of all the files on the original domain and then upload those to the new domain and do an install from there?

Or do I have to use the original files from the original zip and then do a fresh install and then do all the addons and template file replacements again?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 21 May 2016 21:31 
You could merely take all existing files, transfer them to another domain, modifying just setup_options.php and possibly settings for add-ons, which may have them different on each server, f.e. domain setting and file paths.

In this case, you just should install the database manually, if you know how. MiniBB installation provides _install.sql file for manual installation of the database - you should just preferrably replace table names for each server and then also adjust this in the options file.

In the case of moving an existing database, you should make its backup first, then import this backup on another server.
There are tons tools for it, incl. that ones build in cPanel or phpMyAdmin.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How to make duplicate minibb install on a different domain ?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑