How do I remove the password textbox in the responses

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author joe98
#1 | Posted: 13 Dec 2010 10:44 
As above.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 13 Dec 2010 12:44 
Do you mean the field Login/Logout in main_post_form.html ? Then look in the template to the variable {$loginLogout}

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 03:44 
If you mean just the password field, look up in templates/user_login_form.html

Here is how to find where to edit this and that.

Author aniy
#4 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 08:35 
And this can not be done without TC?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 09:02 
Sure, it can be done with any plain text editor which doesn't leave extra breaks or spaces.

Author aniy
#6 | Posted: 15 Dec 2010 11:56 
Just do not quite know what to edit. I had no previous contact with miniBB...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 15 Dec 2010 12:01 
Customizing miniBB layout supposes you know at least some basic HTML and CSS. We do not provide HTML education tutorials, sorry.

Cutting off the password field naturally means cutting of some <input> field with the "password" type attribute on it. If you don't know what that is, we recommend to hire a qualified person.

Author aniy
#8 | Posted: 15 Dec 2010 12:15 
Oh, I know HTML + CSS to edit a file?

Author tom322
#9 | Posted: 15 Dec 2010 16:04 
I'm sure Paul must be busy so I may help you - first open/edit this file: templates/user_login_form.html and

just remove exactly this part:

<input type="password" size="18" maxlength="32" name="user_pwd" class="textForm" tabindex="4" onkeydown="JavaScript:handleEnter(event);" />

Now save the file.

Author aniy
#10 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 08:07 
Except that as I delete this line is nobody can log in, you can remove the password field only answers.

Author tom322
#11 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 09:12 
aniy:
Except that as I delete this line is nobody can log in
You wanted to remove the textbox password (and everybody assumed you only allow guest posters, not registered members). If you want to allow both registered and guests you CANNOT remove the Password field.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 16 Dec 2010 11:33 
Actually you need to let us know in more precise term, what would you like to achieve. May be provide some screenshot.

Author aniy
#13 | Posted: 17 Dec 2010 18:16 
The point is that I would like to remove the password field in the responses for non-registered users (guest).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 07:39 
So, how do you see it - you want to remove the password box, but still want registered users to login? Where do they have to enter the password then? When they are not logged in, they are the same "type" of guests.

Author ninakpoole
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 19 Oct 2012 09:18 
Hello everyone..
I want to know how to remove the previous text of text box while entering the password ,so tht it should not appear to next user who are going to log in again..

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How do I remove the password textbox in the responses
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑